I’m not sure when I first saw ombre nails, but I do remember that it was love at first sight. It’s not surprising, considering how adorable and easy to create the look is. Sure, there are a ton of tutorials out there on this hot nail art trend, but what sets my tutorial apart from the rest is that it’s simple and easy to follow. Plus, it takes less than 10 minutes to achieve this trendy look! Think you can’t recreate an ombre nail look? Well, think again! Here’s a step-by-step guide so you can get the perfect ombre nails too!
1) To start off we have to have the right tools in order to make our dip nails perfect. We will need nail polish remover and cotton balls, a cuticle pusher, an orange stick, a buffer block, and of course the acrylic dip powder.
2) Prep your nails by removing any old nail polish and pushing back your cuticles with a cuticle pusher.
3) Buff your nails in order to remove any shine or grease on your natural nails. Remember you want to create a canvas for the dip powder.
4) Apply the adhesive base coat. This step is important so that the dip powder can adhere to your nails.
5) Dip your entire finger into the clear base color acrylic dip powder. Make sure you cover all areas of your nail bed! Repeat this process 2-3 times if necessary.
6) Once you’ve applied the base coat of clear acrylic dip powder, apply 1-2 coats of colored acrylic dip powder depending on how deep you want your ombre color to be. Remember this is all up to personal preference, so feel free to experiment with different colors until you find the one that’s right for you!
7) Once more step closer to creating the perfect ombre nail
Step 1: Protect your nails
Use tape and cover your fingers with it. This will prevent the paint from getting on your fingers.
Step 2: Apply a base coat
Apply a base coat to your nails. This will help the color get onto your nails better, and it also prevents your nails from yellowing in the future.
Step 3: Paint your nail tips white
Paint the tips of your nails white using a nail polish brush, or any kind of thin brush will do. Make sure you don’t go beyond the white part, otherwise it might mess up your ombre.
Step 4: Create the Ombre effect
Dip a sponge into light pink nail polish, and dab it onto your nails. Keep dabbing until you reach the desired color. Do this step once more if you want a darker shade of pink.
Step 5: Remove the tape
Carefully remove the tape off of each finger, this should be done slowly to prevent ruining the paint when removing it too quickly. If you were careful enough, there shouldn’t be any paint on your fingers!
Step 6: Use Glitter Nail Polish (Optional)
If you want to add glitter to your nails but don’t know how to apply it properly
1. Start with a white base coat.
2. Apply the lightest color from your nail polish collection closest to your cuticle, using a makeup sponge.
3. Apply the second lightest shade of nail polish about 1/4 of the way up your nail.
4. Continue applying the gradient effect with each color until you reach the top of your nail (only put polish on the top half of your nail).
5. Allow each layer to dry before applying another layer of polish on top.
6. Take a clean makeup sponge and wipe away any excess nail polish along the top and bottom of your nails for a more polished look.
7. Apply topcoat to seal in the ombre look and keep it chip-free longer!
8. Keep applying color until you are satisfied with how it looks!
9. Clean up any stray polish around your nails with cotton balls dipped in acetone or nail polish remover, and voila! Ombre nails complete!
10. The key to creating a gradation like this is being patient – so take your time and let each layer dry before moving on to the next step!
1. Apply a base coat. Do this with every manicure to prevent nail discoloration and make your polish last longer.
2. Apply a neutral shade of polish as the base color. Choose a shade that is similar to the darkest color you plan to use in your ombre design.
3. Apply tape diagonally in the middle of each nail for a V-shaped ombre or across the top for an inverted V-shaped ombre. Make sure it is secure, with no gaps between the tape and skin so that none of your base color will show through when you paint on the next layer.
4. Apply the second lightest shade of polish on top of your base coat and remove the tape before it dries. If you do not like how your first attempt turns out, you can always apply another layer of the darker shade and try again until you get it right.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with increasingly lighter shades near the tips of each nail until you have achieved your desired ombre effect, using lighter colors each time and removing the tape before it dries.
6. Carefully line up scotch tape over your nails so that about half of each one is covered by a layer of
Since I have naturally long nails, I am always looking for tips to keep them strong and healthy. I absolutely love doing nails at home, but I tend to grow tired of the same design very quickly. So today, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite nail designs: ombre dip nails.
My friends ask me all the time how I do this design. It is actually super easy! You don’t need any special tools or skills. All you need are three nail polish colors (two regular nail polishes and a glitter top coat) and two cotton balls. Ready? Let’s get started!
Step 1: Apply a clear base coat.
Step 2: Outline the design with striping tape.
Step 3: Apply a white base color.
Step 4: Paint your first color of nail polish on the tip of your nails.
Step 5: Paint your second color on the center of your nails.
Step 6: Paint your third color on the bottom part of your nails.
Step 7: Allow the nail polish to dry completely and then carefully peel off the striping tape.
Step 8: Apply a clear top coat to seal in the design and prevent chipping.
Step 9: Apply cuticle oil twice a day to keep your nails healthy and strong.
Step 10: Enjoy!