When you want your nails to look fabulous without any of the fuss associated with painting them, gel salon services are a great choice. You can enjoy longer, stronger nails that look good for weeks at a time and require minimal care. If you’re used to doing your own nails or applying acrylics, though, you may wonder why you should shell out the cash for professional services. Here are 12 reasons you should choose gel salon services over a do-it-yourself version:
1: Gel manicures last longer than DIY options.
2: Gel nail salon extensions look more realistic than DIY versions.
3: The finish on gel nails is more durable than DIY products.
4: Professional services allow you to try out different nail shapes and lengths before committing to a specific style.
5: You won’t have to deal with the toxic odors of DIY products when visiting a salon.
6: Salons offer a wide variety of products and colors for gel nails.
7: If a nail breaks or lifts, you won’t have to worry about fixing it yourself when using professional services.
8: It’s easier to get that perfect long oval shape with professional services than it is with DIY options.
9: The tools at salons are
If you’re thinking about getting gel extension nails, but you want to avoid salon prices, it might be tempting to try to do them yourself. However, there are a few good reasons to seek out professional help instead.
DIY Gel Extension Nails Can Be Time-Consuming
A good set of gel extension nails takes time. The first time you try doing gel nails at home, it could take you an entire evening or a full day. You can’t rush the process and expect the nail art to look good. If you want well-done gel nails, plan on setting aside several hours.
If you don’t have that kind of free time, then taking your nails to a professional will work best for you. And if you want the convenience of having someone else do all the work for you, then getting your gel extension nails done in a salon is also the way to go.
Gel nails are great. They look amazing and can last up to two weeks. But, are you up for the DIY challenge? If not, here are a dozen reasons why you should avoid the products available in stores and visit a salon instead. You can find gel extension nails at salons like:
1. Salon Services
2. Gel Nails by Audrey
3. Silk Nails – Nail Bar and Spa
1. Salons Have More Experience than You Do
Gel nails are tough to remove if they aren’t done correctly. It’s important to have the right tools and experience with these types of nails so that they don’t cause any damage to your real nails or cuticles. This is just one example of many things that could go wrong when you’re learning how to apply these type of nail extensions at home. Save yourself the time and money, and visit a salon instead.
2. You Won’t Get Any Hand Pain from Using Tools Incorrectly
There is likely a lot of hand pain involved with using gel nails, except that it’s not your hands that suffer; it’s your technician’s! You don’t want to be responsible for causing injury to another person because you were doing something incorrectly, especially when it could
It’s easy to see the allure of a salon service that gets you longer, stronger nails at a reasonable price. But do-it-yourself gel extensions are not nearly as simple as they seem. Ask any nail tech who fields a panicked call from a client who has ruined her own set of gels and she’ll tell you that taking the DIY route is usually a mistake.
When it comes to gel nails, here’s why salon services win every time:
They use professional grade products. The gel used by most salons is designed to be used by professionals and is much better than the gel found in kits sold at beauty supply stores or online. Salon gels last longer, cure faster and don’t chip or peel as easily as gels sold for home use.
They have more colors and designs to choose from: While you can find plenty of solid colors in kits, your options for designs are limited. And if you want something with glitter or sparkles, forget about it. Salons have hundreds of colors and styles to choose from—and since there’s no mess involved in removing them, you can change your look more frequently.
They offer other services: If you’re getting gel extensions, chances are good that you’ll need manicure services
Some people use acrylic nails while others prefer gel. But the newest trend is gel extension nails! They are not much different than a typical gel manicure, except they can usually last up to 3-4 weeks before needing to be filled. However, this type of service isn’t offered at many nail salons, and you may even have to go to a specialty salon in order to get them done.
Gel extension nails tend to be more expensive than a typical gel manicure because they are customized to your nail shape and size. They also provide a seamless transition from the natural nail bed and do not require any type of sculpting or drilling that might damage the nail bed. And since there is no gluing or sculpting involved, this method of nail extensions is safer for your natural nails. Plus, since it’s a thicker application process, it gives them more stability and durability for daily wear and tear.
If you’re interested in this service but are unable to find a salon that offers it near you, then consider doing it yourself! You can get all of the same benefits from doing it yourself as you would from having them professionally done by using a special set of tools that allow the nail technician to shape the gel into your desired shape and size. Here are
The gel nail industry has exploded in the last few years, and these days there seems to be a salon on every corner offering gel extension nails. But if you’re looking for an at-home alternative, you can skip the salon and make your own gel extension nails with no professional help. We asked nail technician (and DIY nail artist) Betsy Shuki to share some of her expert tips on how to create a salon-quality look at home.
But before you start popping open those little bottles of polish and prepping your nails for a color change, read on for 12 reasons why you should probably just leave your manicure to the professionals.
1. It’s a lot harder than it looks
2. A good gel manicure takes time
3. You need proper training
4. You need the right tools and supplies
5. If you slip up or make a mistake, it’ll cost you more to fix it
6. Biting your nails is bad news
7. Gel manicures aren’t cheap
8. You need to keep up with maintenance appointments
9. Your nails will be more prone to breakage after getting gel extensions
10. Gel can cause nail plate damage—and even cancer! (Yikes!)
1. Gel nails are stronger than acrylic nails because they don’t use any liquid monomers.
2. The gel hardens under a UV light, so there is no air necessary to dry the gel, which means a lower risk of smudging or scratching.
3. Since the gel will not yellow, your nails will continue to look beautiful for much longer than other nail polishes.
4. The gel is also flexible, so it won’t chip as easily as other types of nail enhancement products.
5. It’s an environmentally-friendly choice because it’s solvent-free and doesn’t release any chemical vapors that could be harmful to you or others around you.
6. You can get just about any design on your nails; they’re only limited by imagination! From flowers and butterflies to stripes and cheetah print – if you can dream it up then we can do it!
7. It takes less time to apply than acrylics because there’s no drying time needed after each coat of polish has been applied; this means more time for you!
8. Gel extensions last longer than traditional acrylics because they aren’t prone to chipping or peeling off like their counterparts can sometimes do when not properly cared for at home (or