3 Steps to Perfect GEL French Manicure: A step by step demonstration on how to achieve the perfect gel french manicure.
1) Prep nails with Elegant Nail Prep. Apply one coat of Gelish Foundation and cure for 30 seconds under 18G LED light.
2) Paint nails with any color gel polish, then apply a thin layer of Gelish Top It Off and cure for 30 seconds under 18G LED light.
3) Paint with a thin layer of Gelish Pink Smoothie, leaving out the smile line area (this will create a reverse French tip), and curing for 30 seconds in 18G LED light.
4) Apply Gelish Top It Off and cure for 30 seconds in 18G LED light. Apply cuticle oil to finish the service, then enjoy your perfect gel French manicure!
Materials used: Gelish Foundation, Gelish Top It Off, Gelish Pink Smoothie, Elegant Nail Prep, Cuticle Oil
Here is a simple tutorial on how to achieve the perfect GEL French Manicure. The key is taking your time and adding thin layers of gel one at a time.
The first step is to prep your nails. This includes filing and trimming them to the desired length. If you want to achieve a square nail shape, you have to file the edges into a square shape. If you like a more oval or round shape, you can simply round out the edges with a file.
The second step is applying primer. You need to apply this especially if you are working with natural nails as it will help prevent any lifting of the gel polish from the nail bed in the future when you grow your nails out or if you decide to remove the polish after several weeks.
Apply only one coat of primer and make sure that it does not get onto your cuticles as well as it may cause irritation after several weeks when removing the polish.
After I let my primer dry for about 30 seconds, I then move on to applying my first layer of gel polish color. I usually do not apply any base coat as I find that they tend to extend my drying time between coats and since this is just a french manicure, I do not need to worry about staining
The french manicure is a classic and timeless look that has been around for many years. Here, we will show you how to achieve the perfect gel french manicure. There are 3 steps that we will demonstrate. First, we will apply the white tip. Second, we will cure the white tip. Third, we will apply the natural colored polish over the entire nail and then cure it.
1. Apply White Tip
To start off, apply a bead of white gel polish to the tip of your nail. You want to make sure that this bead is long enough so that you can create an almost square shape at the end of your nail once you have cured it in your UV lamp. So, if you have a longer nail bed, you’ll need a longer white tip and vice versa if you have a shorter nail bed.
2. Cure White Tip
Once you’re satisfied with your white tip placement, cure it in your UV lamp for 2 minutes or 30 seconds in an LED lamp.
3. Apply Natural Polish
After curing the white tip on all 10 nails, remove the tacky layer with a lint-free wipe and cleanser so that there’s no residue left on any of your nails. That way when you go to apply your natural
This tutorial will show you how to achieve the perfect gel french manicure, easily and quickly.
Step 1: Apply a coat of Gelish Foundation Gel. Cure for 30 seconds in the 18G LED Light.
Step 2: Apply 2 coats of Gelish French Manicure White Tip Gel in an upside down triangle shape. Cure each coat for 30 seconds in the 18G LED Light.
Step 3: Apply one coat of Gelish PH Bond to each nail. Cure for 30 seconds in the 18G LED Light.
Step 4: Wipe with a lint free wipe saturated with Gelish Nourish and cleanser to remove stickiness from nail plate.
Step 5: Apply a thin layer of Gelish Top it Off Sealer Gel to each nail. Cure for 30 seconds in the 18G LED Light.
Step 6: Apply one more coat of Top it Off Sealer Gel to each nail and cure for 90 seconds in the 18G LED Light.
Step 7: Wipe with a lint free wipe saturated with Gelish Nourish and cleanser to remove stickiness from nail plate and apply cuticle oil with Vitamin E and Aloe Vera.
GEL FRENCH MANICURE
STEP 1: APPLY BASE GEL
Apply base gel to entire nail bed. Cure for 30 seconds.
STEP 2: APPLY WHITE GEL
Apply a very thin layer of white gel to the free edge of the nail. Cure for 30 seconds. Repeat if necessary.
STEP 3: APPLY TOP COAT GEL
Apply top coat gel to entire nail bed. Cure for 30 seconds. Wipe off sticky residue with Nail Prep or 99% alcohol.*
I love the look of a classic French manicure, but I hate how quickly they chip. Gel nail polish is the perfect solution! With a little practice, you can get a salon quality gel French manicure right at home.
Here are the steps:
1. Prep the nails and apply the base coat.
2. Apply the first coat of gel polish.
3. Apply the second coat of gel polish.
4. Apply the french tip guide and paint on the white gel polish.
5. Remove the guide and clean up any mistakes with an orange stick dipped in alcohol or acetone.
6.Apply your topcoat, cure and enjoy!
1. Apply a thin layer of PH Bond, then apply your first coat of base gel polish.
2. Apply 2 coats of colour gel polish.
3. Using a french tip guide, create the french manicure shape by applying 2 coats of colour gel polish to the tips of your nails only, using the guide as a barrier.
4. Once cured, remove the guide, wipe away any residue with cleanser and buff the free edge.
5. Finally apply a thin layer of No Wipe Top Coat for a high gloss finish and cure for 60 seconds under an LED lamp or 30 seconds under UV light.”