Christmas is coming up and so is the need for beautifully done nails. We will give you all of the steps you need to have beautiful gel manicure this Christmas.
Step 1: Preparing Nails
– File your nails, to desired shape.
– Buff your nails to remove any shine (matte finish).
– Cleanse nails with a lint free wipe damped with Gel Cleanser.
– Apply Prep/Dehydrator and allow to air dry completely.
Step 2: Primer Application
– Apply a thin layer of primer, do not cure! If using Mitty Bonding Base Coat please use as directed.
Step 3: Gel Polish Application
– Apply a thin layer of base coat and cure for 30 seconds in LED lamp or 2 minutes in UV lamp.
Step 4: Colour Application
– Apply a thin layer of first colour and cure for 30 seconds in LED lamp or 2 minutes in UV lamp. Repeat this step if necessary until you have achieved the desired opacity.
Step 5: Top Coat Application
– Apply a thin layer of top coat and cure for 30 seconds in LED lamp or 2 minutes in UV lamp.
Step 6: Cleansing Nails
Have you ever had a gel manicure? Have you ever done one at home? Well, I will show you how to have beautiful DIY gel manicures at home.
There are a few things that you will need: a UV or LED lamp, gel nail polish, primer, lint-free wipes, and a cleanser. You can purchase these items right here in our stores. They are not expensive either. Remember that you can use your regular nail polish with the gel top coat and they will last longer than they normally do. And once you take them off, your nails will look better because of the vitamin E that is in the gel base and top coats.
If you have never done this before, it may be a little tricky for you at first but don’t get discouraged. It does take practice to get it perfect but if you follow these steps carefully, yours will turn out beautifully.
You will want to start off by washing your hands and nails thoroughly to remove any oils and dirt. Then dry them off with a clean dry towel or paper towel. You will want to push your cuticles back with a cuticle pusher or orange stick but do not trim them. Trimming them can lead to infection so be careful not to cut them at
Step 1: Prep the nails.
The first step is to prep your nails for the gel manicure. You will want to push back the cuticles and file them to a manageable length. Once you have done this, clean off any dust or debris from the files with a cotton swab and nail polish remover. This step is important so that when you apply your gel polish, it has a nice clean foundation.
Step 2: Apply Gel Base Coat
Apply one layer of gel base coat to your nails and cure them in a UV or LED lamp. Let them sit in the lamp until they are fully cured — usually around 30 seconds depending on the model of lamp that you use. If you wish, you can also apply some cuticle oil at this time.
Step 3: Apply Gel Polish
Choose your favorite color of gel polish and apply one layer to each nail, followed by another layer of UV topcoat and curing session in the lamp for another 30 seconds. The base coat and topcoat need to be applied for each color that you put on your nails so that everything remains intact and the color does not fade or chip away in under a week.
Step 4: Remove Inhibitor Layer
After curing your nails in the lamp one more time
Step 1: Supplies
You will need a few supplies to get started. Here is what you will need: Hand Towel, Nail Polish Remover, Lint Free Wipes, 100% Acetone, Nail File, Buffer Block, Cuticle Pusher, Cuticle Oil/Cream, UV Light Lamp, Gel Base Coat and Gel Top Coat.
Step 2: Prep the Nails
Make sure to remove any old nail polish from your nails before starting. Use the lint free wipes with the nail polish remover to do this. You can also use the cuticle pusher to gently push back the cuticles or use an orange stick with a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover on it.
Step 3: Shaping Your Nails
You need to shape your nails before you can start applying the gel coatings. Make sure to remove all of the oils from your nails before you start painting them so that the gel will adhere properly. If you have acrylic or fake nails you need to file them down some first and then shape them by filing them down with a light hand so they are not too thin.
Step 4: Cleaning Your Nails
Clean your nails again with acetone using a lint free wipe
1. PREPARE YOUR NAILS Remove all polish with a non-acetone polish remover. This is an essential step to ensure the gel will adhere properly.
2. FILE YOUR NAILS Using a nail file, shape your nails into your desired shape. File in one direction only and do not saw back and forth as this may damage the nail bed and cause breakage.
3. BUFF YOUR NAILS Use a buffer block to buff away any ridges or imperfections and to create a smooth surface for gel application.
4. WASH HANDS Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and dry completely with a clean towel.
5. APPLY BASE COAT Apply one coat of base coat to each nail as instructed by the manufacturer of the gel and cure in an LED lamp for 30 seconds or UV lamp for 2 minutes (see specific instructions included with your kit).
6. APPLY COLOR COAT Apply a thin layer of color coat and cure in LED lamp for 30 seconds or UV lamp for 2 minutes (see specific instructions included with your kit)
7. APPLY TOP COAT Apply one layer of top coat over color coat and cure in LED lamp for 30 seconds or UV lamp for 2 minutes (
1. Choose a color. Any color. Choose a few colors! There are plenty of festive colors to choose from this holiday season. If you want, you can even take it a step further and put Christmas motifs on your nails like snowflakes, Santa, or reindeer. There are so many options for you to choose from that the perfect color and design is certainly out there for you! If you are unsure about what color or design will look best, simply bring a picture with you into your nail salon and show them what you want.
2. Prepare and paint your natural nails. Once they have been painted, they will go under the UV light dryer to set the polish in place. This first layer of gel polish acts as a base coat so that the rest of the layers will stay in place better when you paint them on top of this layer of gel polish.
3. Once your nails have been painted and dried under the UV light, apply another layer of gel polish, again drying it under the UV light in between layers of gel polish if necessary.
4. Apply more layers of gel polish until you have reached your desired level of coverage and look for your nails; however many layers it takes to get the
First clean your nails with the nail cleanser. This will remove any oils or residue from your nails.
Next put on a thin coat of the base coat of gel polish, cure it for 30 seconds under the LED light.
Next apply a thin coat of color of your choice, cure it for 30 seconds under the LED light.
Next apply a second coat of color, cure it for 30 seconds under the LED light.
Next apply a layer of top coat, cure it for 30 seconds under the LED light.
Next take off the tacky layer with cleanser to reveal beautiful nails!
You can also add fun decorations to complete your Christmas look.