Nail care during pregnancy is very important. Your nails are constantly growing, and they need to be moisturized and nourished to avoid dryness, peeling and breakage. Nails also tend to become brittle during pregnancy, which can lead to breaking your nail easily.
7 Tips to Take Care of Your Nails During Pregnancy:
1. Eat a balanced diet: One of the most important things you can do for your nails is to eat a balanced diet that includes plenty of protein, vitamins and minerals. Make sure you eat fruits, vegetables, meat and fish as part of your everyday diet.
2. Use a base coat: If you are someone who likes to paint their nails regularly, then make sure you use a base coat before applying nail polish. This will help protect the natural oils in your nails from being stripped away by the chemicals in nail polish. You can use a clear base coat or one with added calcium and vitamins.
3. Use gloves when cleaning: When pregnant your body loses many vitamins and minerals that keep your nails healthy and strong. Therefore it’s important to use gloves when cleaning so that you don’t strip away any more of these nutrients from your nail bed by using harsh cleaners and detergents. Also wear gloves when doing
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Pregnancy is an exciting time for women. However, there are some changes that may occur to the nails during this period. These changes are usually temporary and should not be a cause for concern. Here are 7 tips to take care of your nails during pregnancy:
1. Do not use nail polish and artificial nails.
2. Keep your nails trimmed, clean and dry to prevent bacterial or fungal infections.
3. Avoid biting your nails to prevent infection and nail damage.
4. Do not soak your nails in hot water for a long time to prevent the nails from drying out or peeling off.
5. Wear gloves to protect your hands when washing clothes and doing household chores that involve cleaning chemicals.
6. Moisturize your hands daily with lotion or petroleum jelly after washing them to keep them supple and soft.
7. Consult a doctor if you notice any abnormal symptoms such as swelling, pain, redness or discharge around the nail area as these may be signs of infection which should be attended to by a doctor immediately.
I got my first manicure during the second trimester of my pregnancy. My nails looked so pretty that I did not want to take it off. I would wear it for 2 weeks and then go get a new manicure. It became an addiction!
Every week I would walk out of the salon with a new color on my nails. I was having so much fun playing around with different colors. My mom-to-be friends always complimented me on how pretty my nails were and how well they looked cared for. I must admit that most of the time, I had no idea what they were talking about because all I did was put nail polish on them!
In reality, it is quite simple to take care of your nails during pregnancy; you just need to make sure you are putting in a little bit more effort than usual. Below are some tips to help you take care of your nails while pregnant:
You have probably noticed that your nails are growing faster and are stronger during your pregnancy. You might even feel that you could use them as your tools! However, there is also a possibility that your nails may turn yellow, brittle or dull. Don’t worry, it’s normal for the nails to behave differently during this important stage of a woman’s life. It will all depend on how you’ll take care of your nails during this period.
Here are some tips for taking care of your nails:
1. Avoid frequent use of nail polish remover.
Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful phases in every woman’s life. It is a time when women need to take care of their bodies and skin to avoid any problems during pregnancy.
During pregnancy, your body goes through a lot of changes that affect your nails and hair as well. If you want to know how to take care of your nails during pregnancy, then you have come to the right place.
We are going to share some tips that will help you beautify your hands and nails during this period.
When you are pregnant, your body is undergoing many changes. These can take a toll on your nails, making them brittle and splitting easily. Here are some tips to help you prevent and treat nail problems, such as discoloration, nail growth & brittleness, while you are pregnant.
1. Use moisturizer on your cuticles regularly – to prevent drying and cracking of the skin around the nails.
2. Avoid acetone-based nail polish removers – they contain chemicals that can be absorbed into the blood stream through the skin and enter your baby’s blood supply through the placenta. Instead, use non-acetone based removers as an alternative. If you want to avoid using any chemicals at all on your nails, try using a mechanical nail polisher instead of a chemical one.
3. Use petroleum jelly on your nails – to keep them from drying out and becoming brittle due to the changes in hormone levels during pregnancy. (It is important not to use too much though, because it can cause yellowing of the nails.)
4. Avoid using artificial nails or acrylics – because these products can cause allergic reactions which may be harmful for both you and your baby. These products may also lead to fun
1. Get your nails manicured and pedicured regularly.