For many people, summer is synonymous with low-key beauty. The weather is hot and humid, you’re more likely to be poolside than on a date. But that doesn’t mean your nails have to suffer. In fact, there are plenty of ways to look polished in the dog days of summer.
Here are eight tips for perfect summer nails:
1. Keep hands cool: If you know you’ll be outside, or exposed to heat or sunlight (like on a boat!), wear sunscreen on your hands and keep them inside when possible. The sun can dry out your skin and cause sagging and wrinkles; it’s better for your nails if you keep them indoors!
2. Give your nails some TLC: Hot weather makes it easier for water to evaporate from your nail plate, which can make them feel dry and brittle. Apply moisturizer every day to keep your hands feeling soft and supple.
3. Nail polish remover: You should always remove all traces of old nail polish before applying a new coat, so that the new color won’t chip off too soon! Make sure you wash off any hand lotion or soap residue first, then use a non-acetone remover designed specifically for artificial nails (or get someone
As we sweat off our springtime mani/pedis and prepare to show a little more skin, it’s worth considering the best way to keep our digits looking good. Here are eight tips for perfect summer nails, including the best way to apply your polish and what colors are most on trend for the season.
1. Prep Your Mani Station
Before you even begin, set up a manicure station that includes all of your supplies: nail polish remover, a nail file and buffer, scissors (for cutting off hangnails), cuticle pusher, cuticle nipper (to remove overgrown hangnails), hand moisturizer and an orange stick (for pushing back your cuticles). Also make sure to have cotton balls and Q-tips on hand for cleaning up any mistakes you might make.
2. Give Your Nail Beds a Little TLC
First thing’s first: You can’t paint over dry, brittle nails or raggedy cuticles—so take care of them before you begin. Start by washing your hands with soap and water. Next, soak your fingers in warm soapy water or use a hot towel to soften your cuticles. Then remove any old polish with remover and push back cuticles using an orange
With summer just around the corner, it’s time to get your nails ready for all of that outdoor fun! Here are 8 tips to help you get that perfect summer manicure:
1. Use a nail file at least once per week. This will help your nails with general upkeep and cleaning. Nail files can be purchased for as little as $2 in most drug stores.
2. Work on strengthening your nails with a special nail strengthener from your local beauty supply store. This polish is usually used once or twice a week and is left on like regular nail polish. The strengthener will help make your nails stronger so they don’t break or split due to the dry weather outside and air conditioning inside during the summer months.
3. Use moisturizer on your cuticles every week or so to keep them from becoming dry and peeling off of the nail bed. This can be done during a weekly manicure routine so you don’t forget!
4. Don’t bite or pick at your nails! This is simply bad habits and can cause irritation to the skin around your nails which could turn into an infection if not treated properly. If you bite or pick at your nails, try using a bitter tasting nail polish to remind yourself not to do it! These
If you’re looking to have perfectly manicured nails all summer long, try these eight tips.
1) Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize
Between the sand and surf and swimming pool waters, your hands will definitely take a beating this summer. For soft and smooth hands, apply a generous amount of moisturizer after each hand wash. Do this especially before bed so that the moisturizer can work its magic overnight!
2) Keep It Simple
A busy life means less time for polish changes. Focus on one nail color (try a neutral like beige or blush) and stick with it for at least two weeks. This way, you won’t be tempted to redo your nails too often.
3) Prep Nails Before Painting
Before any nail painting session, do a quick file down of your nails and push back your cuticles with a cuticle stick. This will ensure the polish looks even once it’s applied.
4) Apply A Base Coat
A base coat is essential for protecting your nails from staining and peeling. Paint on one coat of clear base polish before applying any colored lacquer. If you don’t have a base coat on hand, try using white polish as an alternative. The white
Whether you’re going on a tropical vacation or just dreaming about one, summer is the perfect time to embrace color. Consider this your guide to getting the perfect summer manicure.
1) Get a base coat
2) Go with a pastel shade
3) Use white nail polish as an accent
4) Try a simple half-moon design
5) Apply nail stickers for a minimalist look
6) Add highlights with metallic polish
7) Try negative space nails
8) Embrace the ombré trend
Summer is here, and you know what that means: hot weather, longer days, and a fresh nail look. Whether you’re heading to the beach or taking a trip to the farmer’s market, these tips will ensure your nails stay in tip-top shape all season long.
1. Keep it simple.
Bright, neon colors are a summer staple and add a pop of color to any outfit. However, they can be difficult to remove after a few weeks. For this reason, we recommend keeping your nails to one color during the summer months.
2. Avoid dark colors.
Skip black and navy polish this summer in favor of lighter shades that are easier to remove when the time comes. Dark polish may also attract more dirt and grime than light colors, which can be unsightly and hard to clean up once it has set into the polish.
3. Opt for acrylics over gels.
Acrylic nails are lighter and less damaging than gel nails in hot weather. In addition, gel manicures require special removal processes that can damage your natural nails if done incorrectly or too frequently. If you’re looking for a longer-lasting nail look without the risk of nail damage, ask your manicurist about acrylics!
1. Choose a non-brittle formula.
2. Try a super-saturated color.
3. Use a top coat for shine and protection.
4. Select the perfect pink shade for your skin tone.
5. Create an at-home pedicure spa.
6. Try out a textured mani/pedi look!
7. Remove polish properly to prevent damage to your nails and skin, and keep them looking healthy!
8. Use the correct nail care products to keep your nails in excellent condition always!