Gel Manicure: Do’s and Don’ts
So you want to get a gel manicure, but don’t know how to maintain it. Here are a few tips and tricks that you can use to get the most out of your gel manicure.
1. If you are already wearing polish and would like a gel manicure, it is important that all traces of your old nail polish be removed before applying gel polish. The gel will not adhere properly to your nails if any remnants of your old polish remain. You can use acetone nail polish remover; make sure that it does not contain oil because this will prevent the gel from sticking to your nails as well.
2. Next, file your nails. It is important that they be clean and dry before you begin painting them with the gel polish. The best way to do this is to wash your hands with soap and water. When you are finished washing, dry them thoroughly. If you have time, it is a good idea to wait a while after washing and drying so that they can dry out completely; this will ensure that the moisture has evaporated from your nails prior to filing them down. Make sure you file them in one direction so as not to damage the
Gel Manicure: Do’s and Don’ts!
We all love the long-lasting gel manicure and pedicure that can last for a few weeks, but are you aware of the potential damage it can cause to your nails?
Go to a reputable nail salon that is clean, safe, and follow safety practices. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about the products they use.
Before getting your gel manicure done, ensure that your nail technician removes the old gel polish properly. This is important because if the old gel polish isn’t removed properly, you may end up with fungal or bacterial infections. Following this, always get your nails sanitized before proceeding with the manicure.
Get impatient when removing your gel polish at home because you may end up damaging your natural nails or skin in the process. If you are not sure how to remove it, visit a professional nail salon near you!
Avoid getting a gel manicure done too often because frequent application of gel polish can lead to thinning and brittleness of the nails. It is recommended that you give yourself one month of a break before getting another gel manicure done.
When applied properly, a gel manicure will last for at least two weeks with no chipping or peeling. That’s why so many women swear by them. If you’re new to gel manicures, here are some of the do’s and don’ts you should be aware of before heading to the salon:
-Do clean your nails and push back your cuticles before applying a gel manicure. This helps the polish adhere better.
-Do choose a color that’s similar to your natural nail color. If there is any lifting or peeling, it won’t be as noticeable if you didn’t go with a bright, unnatural color.
-Do use all three coats of polish. Base, color and top coats are all important in creating a long lasting mani.
-Don’t attempt to remove the gel on your own at home. Removing gel polish at home without proper tools can damage your natural nails, which will take weeks and sometimes months to repair. You can head back to the salon where you got your original mani for removal or search for a salon near you that does gel manicures through our salon loc
You have probably heard about the Gel Manicure. It is a new way to have your nails done. It is not as simple as a regular manicure, but it is definitely more durable and lasts longer (about 3-4 weeks). Here are some do’s and don’ts of gel manicures that you need to be aware of before trying it out.
1) Make sure the equipment is clean, including the brush used to apply the gel. The brush should not be dripping with gel.
2) Apply a thin layer of gel on the nail and cure it under a UV light for 2 minutes.
3) Repeat this process two more times until all layers are cured.
1) Don’t allow any air bubbles or dust to get into the gel polish while it is curing, as this will affect its longevity.
2) Don’t use acetone for removing your gel polish because it can cause damage to your nails in addition to drying them out!
The advantages of a gel manicure are many: Long-lasting, easy to apply and a vast array of vibrant colors. The disadvantages? There are few. But, if you’re not careful, a gel manicure can become your worst nightmare.
Do’s & Don’ts
In order to avoid any mishaps, here are my Do’s and Don’ts to help ensure the best possible gel manicure:
DO make sure your nails are properly cleaned and prepped before applying. This includes cleaning off any excess oil or residue left on your nails. The gel needs a clean surface in order to adhere properly. If you have dry skin, be sure to apply lotion to your cuticles before beginning the process; this will help prevent hangnails that could get caught in the polish during removal.
DON’T overdo it with the base coat. One thin layer is all you need. Make sure to cure under the light after each step of the application process so that everything is secure before moving on to the next step.
DO find a good color match for your skin tone. Whether you choose bright red, cobalt blue or baby pink, there are shades for every skin tone out there!
Do bring a picture of a manicure you want to your nail tech.
Do go for gel rather than acrylic nails, gel nails don’t damage your natural nails.
Do wear gloves when doing housework or working in the garden.
Do use a cuticle oil on your nails every day to keep them moisturised and healthy.
Do wear rubber gloves when washing up or cleaning to prevent staining from household chemicals.
Don’t bite, pick or pull at your nails, this can cause infection and damage to the nail bed.
Don’t use sharp objects to scrape off polish, this can cause separation of the nail plate from the nail bed.
Don’t put gel nails on top of damaged nails as this will make them more prone to breaking and lifting.
If you haven’t heard about gel manicures, then you should definitely hop on the train because they are sweeping the world by storm. Gel manicures are a great way to get a long lasting polish that will last for days upon days with no chipping. Gel manicure polishes do not dry like normal nail polish does, so it takes a little longer to remove them.
The best thing about gel manicures is that they do not chip (at all!) and they can last up to two weeks! This is because the gel-based polishes are cured under an LED light, which makes it completely dry and sets the polish in place. Once you are done with your desired nail color, you then cure your top coat of clear polish under an LED light as well.
You can also use any other normal nail polishes underneath the gel polish once it is fully cured.
So now that you know all of this, here are some tips to getting the perfect gel manicure: