How to Get Gorgeous French Manicures on a Budget: A blog with tips and tricks on how to get the best looking French manicure using gel nail polish.
Every woman loves a good manicure, but it can be tough on your budget. French manicures are no exception, unless you know the secrets that will make your nails look spectacular without spending a lot of money. Your friends will want to know where you got your nails done, and nobody has to know that you did them yourself!
Get the Look You Want Without Spending a Fortune
French manicures are always in style, and they go with almost anything. It’s a classic look that never goes out of style. And now you can have gorgeous French manicured nails for only about $50. That’s right! Only $50!
It used to be that getting great-looking nails meant going to the salon every couple of weeks and spending anywhere from $30 – $100 or more depending on what type of nail job you wanted. But with the new gel nail kits, you can now do your own nails at home and have them look like they were done by professionals.
Like many of us, I love the look of French manicures. Unfortunately, I never seem to have the time or money to get them done at the salon. So I’ve been experimenting with gel nail polish at home, and I’m really happy with the results!
I’m going to share all my tips for getting a great looking French manicure using gel nail polish at home. It does take a little bit more time than normal polish, but it’s definitely worth it if you want your nails to last and look fantastic!
There are a few things you need to get the perfect French manicure: patience, plenty of time and a steady hand.
I’ve seen many tutorials on how to do it using nail polish, but after doing it myself for so long, I realised that using a gel nail varnish is the best way to get it right.
1) You will need to wrap your nails in foil with acetone on cotton wool. Wait until they are completely dry.
2) Remove any loose cuticles with a cuticle pusher and file your nails into the desired shape.
3) Apply a coat of gel base coat.
4) Using a white gel pen, draw on a guide line for your French manicure and cure under UV lamp (this product is designed to stay on and not be removed by the top coat).
5) Once cured, apply a top coat of white gel polish and cure under lamp. 6) Apply another layer of clear gel topcoat and cure under lamp again.
7) Using a flat-edged tool or orange stick, remove any excess white gel from around the edges of your nails.
8) Wash your hands with soap and water to avoid staining your hands when
French manicures are classy, elegant and timeless. Although they are one of the most classic nail designs, they can be expensive to get done at a salon. Fortunately, with some practice and the right tools and products, you can get a beautiful French manicure in the comfort of your own home.
Below are some steps:
1) File your nails and apply cuticle oil or lotion. Gently push back your cuticles with an orange stick or wooden cuticle pusher.
2) Apply a thin layer of clear polish to all nails to protect them from staining.
3) Apply two coats of polish to each nail in your desired color for the base coat (optional). Let it dry for about five minutes between coats.
4) Apply two coats of white polish to each nail for the tip of your French manicure. Make sure that you apply a thin line of white polish down the tip of each nail, leaving the majority of your nail a different color than white. Let it dry for five minutes between coats.
5) Apply a layer of top coat to make it shine. Let it dry for five minutes.
6) If you have any smudges or flakes, use a toothpick dipped in polish remover to gently
I am a huge fan of gel nail varnish. I have naturally weak nails that are prone to breaking so gel is perfect for me because it can last for weeks and the nails don’t break as easily.
I have tried lots of different ways to apply gel nail varnish and I’ve found the best way to make it look professional is with a UV lamp. The UV lamp cures the polish and helps it set, making it last longer.
I bought a kit on Amazon recently and I am really happy with how my nails look. In this post I will explain exactly how I did it, so you can get the same results at home!
This nail varnish is my absolute favorite. I have tried many different ones and this one really is the best. It lasts for a long time and gives me a very professional look that I can’t achieve with other brands.
I am really happy with the way it looks. I was impressed from the first time I used it and am still impressed every time I use it.
There are few things in life that spark as much joy in me as a perfect manicure. After years of practice, I’m finally at a point where I can get my own nails to look salon-worthy (I’m not bragging, just being honest…if you’ve been following me on Instagram for a while you’ll know I have a slight obsession with gel nails and manicures).
Since the gel nail polish craze started, there have been some great innovations in products. We can now get our hands on gels that require zero dry time, last up to 4 weeks without chipping and can be removed at home without damaging your natural nails. If you’re anything like me though, the cost of weekly trips to the salon adds up quickly.
One of my favourite products is the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish. It’s an at home 2-step system which allows you to apply and remove polish like normal nail polish but with the staying power of gel polish!
Here are my top tips for applying your gel nails at home: