Applying gel nails at home can be a tricky process. There is a lot of conflicting information out there and it can be difficult to know what you should do and what you shouldn’t do.
Today I would like to share some tips on how to apply UV gel nails at home.
Before you begin:
– Make sure your nails are clean and dry.
– Apply a layer of base coat to your nails and cure them for 30 seconds under the lamp.
Now you are ready for the next step; applying color gel.
Applying the color gel:
– Take the desired color of the UV Gel Nail Polish and apply one even coat on your nail.
– Then put your hand under the lamp for 30 seconds until it dries up completely.
– Now paint 2nd layer of gel nail polish, cure it for another 30 seconds and repeat it for 3rd layer as well. You can also apply 4th layers if you need more intense color or want extra shine.*
Applying UV gel nails at home is less expensive and more convenient than a trip to the salon.
UV gel nails are cured in a UV lamp, which makes them dry instantly. This means no more waiting for your nails to dry.
There are two basic types of UV gel nail kits: “Gel” and “Gel Polish”. Gel Polish is a little easier to use, but both types can be applied at home using the same steps. The main difference between the two is that Gel Polish will come off with regular nail polish remover (acetone), while Gel requires filing off with a buffer.
Check out this video for an introduction to the process:
If you want a perfect manicure, gel nails are the perfect choice. Gel nails have a similar look and feel to acrylics, but they are not quite as damaging to your natural nails. They also last twice as long as regular polish, usually up to two weeks. If you’re looking to get your hands on some of these high-end beauty products without breaking the bank, here are some tips for applying UV gel nails at home.
The first thing you need to know about gel polish is that it is applied using a UV or LED lamp. The light cures the polish quickly so that it won’t smudge. You can purchase both types of lamps from beauty supply stores or online retailers like Amazon. Many of them sell kits that come with several colors and a small bottle of remover.
The next thing you’ll want to do is make sure your nails are clean and dry before starting. You can remove any old polish with a cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover. Then use a nail file and buffing block to shape your nails into the desired shape (usually round or square). Once they’re ready, push back the cuticles with an orange stick so they don’t get in the way of applying
Uv gel nail polish is a thick, flexible, and shiny material that can be applied onto your nails. It’s similar to acrylic nails but without the toxic smell. Nail technicians usually use this type of nail polish to create overlays or nail extensions. However, you can save money by applying the uv gel nail polish at home. Learn how to apply it properly so that you can avoid getting air bubbles or having it crack or peel off in no time.
Clean Your Nails
Before you apply any type of gel or acrylic on your nails, make sure to clean them. Remove any old nail polish from your fingers and toe nails. Scrub your nails under warm water and soap to get rid of germs, dirt, and oil residue. Use a nail brush if necessary. Soak your nails in warm water for five minutes to soften the cuticles and skin around them. Dry your hands thoroughly with a clean towel before applying uv gel nail polish.
Prepare Your UV Gel Nail Polish
Follow the instructions on the bottle of uv gel nail polish to prepare it for application. Some brands require that you store it inside a refrigerator while others should be kept at room temperature. If you have never used them before, ask someone who has experience
Many people think they can’t do gel nails at home because they don’t have a nail dryer. Well, did you know that many salons don’t even use UV dryers? In fact, most of them use LED dryers that usually cost between $50-$100. Here’s how to apply gel nails at home without wasting money on a UV dryer.
1. File your nails with a nail file and then cleanse your nails with acetone or alcohol (a cotton pad will work fine).
2. Apply one thin coat of base and cure it under a lamp for 90 seconds.
3. Apply two coats of color and cure each coat for 60 seconds in the lamp.
4. Apply the top coat and cure for 90 seconds.
5. Wipe the tacky surface with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol or acetone and voilà! You now have shiny gel nails!
Gel nails are one of the most popular manicures that everyone wants to achieve. You can get gel nails at a salon, or you can do it at home. It’s easier than you think, and you can get the same results as you would at a salon with the right tools, and tips.
We have tried and tested these tips, so we are sure they will help you achieve the best possible results. Whether you want to apply your own nail extensions or just make your nails look like they have been professionally done, these tips will help you out.
How to Apply Gel Nails At Home:
– Make sure your nails are clean, because any small particle can ruin your manicure.
– Apply a thin layer of base gel on your nails. Do not use too much product.
– Put your hands under a UV lamp for 30 seconds (two minutes if using an LED lamp) to cure the base coat properly.
– Apply a thin layer of colored gel polish and put your hands under the UV lamp for another 30 seconds (or two minutes if using an LED lamp). Repeat this step if you want more pigmentation in color.
– Finish off with a layer of topcoat and place your hands under UV light for one more minute
Gel nail polish is applied using a three-step process of base coat, color coat and top coat. The first two coats usually take less than five minutes to apply, but the third step takes a few minutes longer. In total, this process can take up to 20 minutes, depending on how quickly you work. Gel nails need to be cured under an ultraviolet or UV lamp to set the color and protect the gel polish from chipping.
Some popular gel nail polishes include OPI GelColor Polish, Shellac, Gelish and Nailite Soak-off Gel Polish. They are available in every color imaginable, so you can easily find a shade that suits your personal style. Most brands require a base coat before applying the gel nail polish and a topcoat afterward. These products are sold separately from the actual gel polishes; so when you are purchasing supplies, don’t forget to add these items to your cart as well.