In our first post we talked about what a French manicure is, how to do it and its history. Now we’ll tell you about the products you’ll need to successfully complete your own French manicure.
French Manicure Essentials: The top 5 products you’ll need
1. Cleaning Wipes
You’ll want to make sure that your nails are clean and oil free before you apply your base coat. You can use a cotton pad with some nail polish remover or even a paper towel with some rubbing alcohol. We recommend using an oil free cleaning wipe that is specifically made for nails. They are easy to use and will keep your nails grease free.
2. Base Coat
Applying a base coat helps your nail polish go on more evenly and last longer. A good base coat will also keep your nails from getting stained from the colored polishes. Most often base coats are clear but sometimes they will have a very faint pink tint to help make yellow nails look whiter. If you’re going for the classic French manicure look, make sure that your base coat is clear and won’t discolor or cloud the white tips of the french manicure style.
3. Tip Guides – French Manicure Stickers
Using tip guides (
When I have a little time and money to spare, I like to go get a manicure–a French manicure, to be specific. But sometimes my nails are in need of a touch up and I don’t have the time or money to go shell out $20-$40 on a manicure. So I’ve done my research on the best French manicure essentials and have become pretty good at doing them myself.
So if you want to learn how to do your own French manicure, here are five must-have products that will help you do it yourself.
You’ve seen them in magazines and on TV, but you’re not sure how to get your nails to look that way. You can’t afford to go to the salon every two weeks to get a manicure. So what do you do? Try doing your own French manicure! Here are our top 5 French manicure essentials you’ll need:
* White polish – Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in White On is a great pick for this. It’s super opaque with just one coat and really white, so it will stand out against any color you use as a base.
* Base coat – you’ll need something that’s clear and strong enough to help your nail polish last longer and also be a barrier between your nail and the color polish. We love Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat.
* Base color – we recommend a light pink like OPI Pink-ing of You or Essie French Affair, but feel free to choose any light shade (or dark if you want to try a reverse French).
* Nail art pen – this is where the fun comes in! The easiest way to create the white tips on your nail is by using a nail art pen like this one from Sephora. Just make sure it
The French manicure is a classic look that will never go out of style. Because the natural nail is usually painted a neutral shade, with the tips in white or nude, it can be worn as a wedding manicure or for everyday wear at the office. The best part about this trend is that it can be worn with any outfit, from jeans to your little black dress.
Here are our top 5 must-have products when creating a French manicure at home:
If you love the clean and simple look of a french manicure, but are looking for something a bit more trendy than clear tips, why not try pink?
Pink French nails are very similar to regular french manicures, only with a pink base rather than white. While there are plenty of fancy designs that can be done with this style, it’s also beautiful when left simple. In fact, the simplicity is one of the reasons it has become so popular. Pink french nails add just a hint of color, making them perfect for women who want to try something new without going over the top.
To get the perfect pink french manicure at home, there are five essentials you need:
• Nail polish remover: It’s important to start off with clean nails. This will help your polish adhere better and last longer. A non-acetone nail polish remover is best for natural nails.
• Base coat: Using a base coat will make your manicure last longer, and keep your natural nails from staining. Always use a base coat on your natural nails before applying nail polish.
• Nude or light pink nail polish: The nude or light pink color forms the base of your french manicure. This should be any shade
At some point, we’ve all looked at our nails and thought they weren’t good enough. In moments like those, a French manicure might be the perfect solution. A French manicure is clean and elegant, but also incredibly simple. You can easily do it yourself at home, or visit the nearest nail salon for a quick fix.
It doesn’t matter if you have short or long nails: a French manicure will always look classy and make your nails look clean and healthy. For those of you that are not familiar with the term, a French manicure consists of a light pink nail base with white tips. It’s meant to make your nails look natural while hiding any imperfections they might have.
Since French manicures tend to be quite subtle, you can easily add some color to them by changing the nail polish base or using glittery nail polish for the tips. It all depends on what you feel like doing!