1. Always apply a base coat before applying your polish
2. Don’t shake your polish, stir it instead
3. Make sure the nail polish you’re using is fresh (no older than 1 year)
4. Polish in thin coats. Thick coats are more likely to chip and peel
5. If the first coat is streaky, then apply a second coat (but no more than 2 coats)
6. After applying your last coat of polish, wait 2 minutes until applying your topcoat
7. Apply the topcoat in downward strokes. Start at the cuticle and move toward the tip of the nail
8. For dark colors or glitters, apply another layer of topcoat to seal in your manicure
9. Use fast-drying drops to speed up drying time between coats or after applying your topcoat
10. Apply cuticle oil every day to help maintain moisture around the nail bed
11. Always use a non-acetone nail polish remover
12. Do not peel off your nail polish as this may damage the nails
If you want to learn how to paint your nails, get a great manicure, and keep your nail polish from chipping, you are in the right spot. This blog is all about natural nail color. Whether you want to know how to paint your nails at home or need tips for taking care of your nails, you will find everything you need here.
We will teach you the best ways to get the right DIY manicure and show you how to take care of your nails. You can photograph all of your manicures and share them with us on our site. Our community would love to see your ideas for painting nails.
You can also find out how to use nail polish remover, how often cuticles should be trimmed, and where to buy the best nail tools. We will also show you some fantastic nail polish colors based on skin tone and hair color so that you can make sure your hands look their best every day.
With all of these tricks for natural nail color, you’ll be able to make sure that your hands look their best every day.
If you love nail polish, you will want to keep your nails looking good. To make that happen, try these tips for keeping your nails in tip-top shape:
1. Don’t chew your cuticles!
2. File in one direction — not back and forth.
3. Use an emery board rather than a metal file.
4. Apply a base coat to help protect the nail as well as prevent discoloration from the colored polish.
5. Apply two coats of color, allowing each to dry before applying the next coat.
6. Seal color with a top coat to help polish last longer without chipping or peeling.
7. Allow nails to dry completely before doing anything that might damage them (like doing the dishes).
8. Apply lotion to hands and nails after washing dishes or bathing to keep them from drying out and cracking or breaking.
9. Wear rubber gloves when using harsh soaps or cleaners, such as dish soap, bleach, or other strong chemicals . . . even hair dye can cause problems!
10. Moisturize hands and nails every night before bed with a heavier cream or petroleum jelly before putting on cotton gloves for added softness in the morning.
Who doesn’t love a good manicure? Few things make you feel more put together than a fresh coat of polish in your favorite color. Unfortunately, it can be hard to keep that manicure looking fresh for more than a day or two. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to get the most out of your nail polish and make it last longer.
After a summer of gel manicures, it’s time to start switching gears for fall. The easiest way to change up your nail color is to go with a simple, neutral shade, and if you ask us, there’s nothing better than a classic nude polish.
Of course, not all nudes are created equally: Some are too white and make your skin look pale, while others are too brown and make your digits appear dirty. To help you hone in on the perfect version for your skin tone, we’ve rounded up 12 of our favorite shades that work on everyone from dark skin tones to the fairest complexions.
While you’re at it, check out these 11 fall-ready manicures to try next!
1. Don’t over-buff your nails. A little light buffing is okay, but if you overdo it, you could cause damage by thinning out your nail too much.
2. Avoid acetone-based nail polish removers. Acetone dries out your nails and can damage the skin surrounding them.
3. Use base coat every time you apply nail polish. The base coat helps to prevent staining of your nails, which means your natural color will be preserved longer.
4. Use a moisturizing hand lotion daily to help keep your hands and nails from drying out.
5. Apply cuticle oil to moisturize both the cuticles and the skin around the nails on a regular basis, ideally several times per day; whenever you apply hand lotion is good, as well as bedtime and when you wake up in the morning.
6. Avoid overly hot water when taking showers or washing dishes to help prevent dryness and peeling of cuticles and nails.
7. Use sunscreen on your hands before going outside for extended periods of time (such as gardening), or even just driving in the car with your hands exposed to sunlight through the windows, as UV rays can fade nail color as well as causing
There are many women who want to find out how to make their nails grow faster and stronger. If you want your nails to be healthy, moisturize them frequently. Use a good quality hand cream or olive oil. Massage the cream into your cuticles regularly, so that they stay soft and supple. Also, try to keep your nails short and filed, as it is easier to maintain them this way.
You should also avoid using acetone based nail polish remover, because it can make your nails brittle and prone to peeling and cracking. Instead, opt for an acetone-free nail polish remover that contains natural ingredients like jojoba oil, vitamin E and tea tree oil. These are very effective in removing nail polish from your nails without drying them out.
Another way of strengthening your nails is by eating a well balanced diet. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables will help make your nails strong and healthy. You should also drink lots of water daily, as this will help keep your body hydrated and improve the condition of your nails.