Gel nail polish is one of the best inventions for nail art lovers, as it allows them to change the look of their nails as often as they want. Gel nail polish has become very popular in recent years and rightly so, since it lasts longer than regular nail polish and gives a more professional finish. But since it is more expensive than regular nail polish and can be hard to remove, many people are still hesitant to try gel nail polish. Therefore, I am writing this blog post with 5 tips on how you can use gel nail polish and get the best results.
1. Prep your nails: The first step before using gel nail polish is to prep your nails. This includes cleaning your nails with soap and water, then rubbing alcohol and finally pushing back your cuticles and removing any excess skin around your nails. Also, if you have long nails, make sure that they are not too long to avoid breaking them when applying gel nail polish or removing them later on.
2. Use a base coat: The next step is to apply a base coat before applying gel nail polish to protect your nails from staining and provide a smooth surface for the gel nail polish to adhere to. You should wait for at least 5 minutes after applying the base coat before applying the gel nail
I love gel nail polish. I get two full weeks of no chip, professional looking nails with a mirror like shine. Although it takes a little bit longer to apply than traditional polish, the end result is worth it. Here are 5 tips for getting the best results with your gel nail polish:
1. Make sure you start with clean, dry nails free of any oils or dirt. Wash hands and remove any lotion or oil from nails with a lint free wipe and alcohol.
2. Always make sure your gel polish is at room temperature before using. I leave mine out for about 30 minutes before I begin working with it.
3. Shake each color thoroughly for about 30 seconds before using so the product is mixed well and smooth.
4. Apply thin layers of base coat, color and top coat to avoid bubbles in your finished product as well as chipping or peeling over time.
5. Wipe away excess product from around cuticle and nail plate with alcohol soaked lint free wipe after each step, but before curing to prevent discoloration of the finished product and bubbling under the lamp during curing process.
With everything that is going on in the world, it can be hard to get away from our daily stresses. At least with gel nail polish, we can make our nails look fabulous and take a break from the craziness for a few weeks! Gel nail polish is becoming more and more popular because of its durability and ability to last up to two weeks without chipping.
Below are 5 tips that will help you get the best results when applying gel nail polish:
1. Make sure to use a thin layer of base coat to help the gel adhere better to your natural nails. Allow base coat to fully dry before applying any color coats.
2. Apply thin gel nail polish color coats, but apply them twice for full coverage. Also make sure you leave space between your cuticles and the top of your nails so that when you apply top coat it won’t touch your cuticles or skin. This will also help prevent peeling or cracking of the color coats.
3. Always wait until each color coat is completely dry before applying another color coat or top coat. If you do not wait until each layer has dried completely, this could cause bubbles, smudging or lifting of the gel nail polish color coats and top coat.
4. Remember that when applying gel
Ombre gel nails have taken the nail industry by storm. Despite the fact that I love all things pink and girly, I jumped on board too!
The great thing about ombre is that you can use any colors you want, so it matches your mood or outfit. (Speaking of outfits, my sweatshirt today is fuschia, teal and navy so I did something similar to what’s below.)
If you want to get gel nails done at a salon, check out our list of top salons around the country.
If you want to DIY, here are 5 tips for best results:
Gel nail polish is great if you want to be able to have nail polish on your nails without having to worry about it chipping.
It takes a little bit of practice and experience to perfect the art of applying gel nail polish, but once you do, you will be able to quickly apply a smooth coat that will last for weeks.
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your gel nail polish:
The Gel nail polish is applied just like regular nail polish. It is painted on the nails and dries under a UV or LED light. The gel polish retains its shine and doesn’t chip for weeks, it is thinner and flexible just like your natural nails. With proper application and care, gel nails can last up to two weeks without chipping or peeling. They are also more expensive than traditional manicures, which makes them popular as special occasion manicures due to the cost of getting them done professionally.
Gel nail polishes come in a variety of colors and brands, with different formulations offering different lengths of wear. If you’re going to do at home gel nail polish, buy one that’s designed for easy application and removal at home.
Follow these steps to get a professional-looking gel manicure at home:
4. Proper gel nail polish removal
5. Keep your nails healthy