When I think of cool or cold weather, I think of darker and richer colors. In the fall and winter, I tend to wear more black or darker shades in my wardrobe, so it only makes sense to keep that going with the nail color I wear. Today I have 8 amazing nail colors for cool or cold weather that are perfect for this time of year.
Revlon Royal – This is a deep blue/purple shade with a slight shimmer. The shimmer isn’t chunky at all and is pretty subtle in person. It’s also very opaque and is almost a one-coater.
Essie Play Date – This is a really pretty deep purple jelly polish with small blue micro-glitter in it. It’s a bit sheer, but can be built up easily to be fully opaque with 3 coats. You can also add a coat of top coat to give it a smooth finish (I always do).
Essie Lapis of Luxury – This is a beautiful dark ultramarine blue creme polish with a slightly glossy finish. It’s practically one-coat wonder and looks great on short nails as well as longer ones!
Orly Liquid Vinyl – This is another favorite black polish from my collection. It’s nice and shiny, but not
While warm colors and bright pastels are popular during spring and summer nail colors, fall and winter seem to be all about the deep, dark vampy colors. But if you’re sick of donning the same color winter after winter, here’s a list of 8 nail colors that are perfect for the cool weather.
1. Forest Green: The most Christmasy color of them all! A deep forest green is a great alternative to black when you’re looking for something a bit more festive. Its also the perfect complement to your favorite holiday sweater!
2. Deep Plum: A lovely deep plum is another great alternative to black. This color looks especially nice with an olive skin tone and can really make your nails stand out.
3. Chocolate Brown: Everyone loves chocolate – even on their nails! A deep chocolate brown is a great way to replace your boring old nude polish in the colder months without going too dramatic.
4. Black: Of course no list of fall/winter nail polish colors would be complete without our old standby, black! Black nails never go out of style and can be paired with just about any outfit; try it with your favorite LBD.
5. Navy: Looking for something that’s a little bit unexpected? A navy
I love to pamper and take care of my hands, and there is nothing more relaxing than a manicure (or pedicure!) at the end of the week. While I love to wear bright nail polish in the summer, I love to experiment with darker shades during the fall and winter. I chose eight of my favorite dark nail polish colors that you can wear throughout the colder months.
1. Essie Smokin’ Hot
Essie’s nail polishes are not only affordable, but they have a wide variety of colors. I love this shade because it is a muted purple with a hint of grey, making it perfect for fall or winter.
2. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark
OPI is known for their amazing selection of nail polish shades, and this one is no exception. This deep eggplant color adds some edge to your usual manicure routine and looks great on all skin tones. Plus, who doesn’t love a good pun?
3. China Glaze Liquid Leather
I am obsessed with China Glaze’s Liquid Leather! The black color is so pigmented and opaque that you only need one coat of polish to get full coverage, making it perfect for those days when you don’t have much time to paint your nails.
It’s time to get creative with nail polish colors this fall and winter! When the weather turns cold, our nails tend to turn from pretty colors to a more neutral shade. This is probably because we are wearing more dark clothing and want our nails to match.
Here are some great colors that can be worn during the colder months:
3. Navy Blue or Royal Blue
5. Dark Red or Burgundy
7. Forest Green or Emerald Green
The classic red nail is a great fall/winter color. It’s a nice pop of color during the colder months and goes with almost any outfit. I personally like the OPI brand of nail polish because they last a while without chipping. But all of their reds are beautiful! Here are my two favorites:
Big Apple Red
“It’s as fun, hip, and trendy as the city it’s named after.”
Big Apple Red is my favorite shade of red nail polish. It looks great against my pale skin and it makes me feel like I’m wearing something classic and timeless on my hands. Plus, it always gets a compliment or two!
“A spicy reddish pink.”
Cajun Shrimp is another very pretty shade of red that would look great on almost any skin tone. And it’s sort of like a cross between Big Apple Red and My Chihuahua Bites.
Fall is here, and with it comes the need to rethink our manicures. Gone are the days of bright, vibrant hues in favor of something a little more subdued. Here are 8 nail colors that we’re loving this fall!
1. A light nude can be a great way to rock a professional manicure without drawing too much attention to your nails. Our favorite is OPI’s “You Don’t Know Jacques!”
2. A dark purple is another great option for those who want to look refined. We love Sally Hansen’s “No Hard Feelings!”
3. A dark blue can be a fun way to add some pizzazz to your look without going too over-the-top. We love Revlon’s “Royal Treatment!”
4. A copper is a great choice for those who want their nails to stand out just a little bit more, while still looking professional – we adore Essie’s “Shine of the Times!”
5. A metallic silver is always in vogue when it comes to cold weather looks – we love Zoya’s “Myrta!”
The cold winter months can be a great time to experiment with new nail colors. I love having my nails painted, but unfortunately during the cold winter months nail polish tends to chip more quickly than usual. I’m not sure if this is more prevalent during the winter because of the temperature, or because we tend to be more active during the holidays, but either way it makes me want to switch up my nail color during the fall and winter.
I’ve heard that dark nail polishes can actually help your nails from chipping as quickly, so I thought I would try out different colors for fall and winter too. This post contains some of my favorite dark nail polish recommendations for fall and winter.