You may think that getting a manicure and pedicure at home is totally impossible. However, if you are willing to put in some time and effort, you can get salon-quality results at home. By following these 9 tips, you can achieve perfect nails every time.
Tip 1: Start With Clean Nails
It may sound obvious, but before starting your manicure or pedicure, it is important to make sure that your hands and feet are clean and dry. This will ensure that nails are free from any dirt or oil that can interfere with the polish adhering to the nail.
Tip 2: Shape Your Nails
Make sure to trim your nails so that they are all even in length. It is best to use nail clippers for this step instead of scissors which can crack the nail. Make sure to trim straight across and then file down the edges afterwards so that they are slightly rounded. The round shape is more natural looking than squared off edges.
Tip 3: Soak Your Hands And Feet
Soaking your hands and feet will help soften them so it is easier to remove any dead skin cells, as well as help keep them moisturized while painting your nails. To soak your hands, fill a small bowl with warm water
No one likes to see a chipped manicure or pedicure. But unfortunately, getting your nails done at the salon is expensive. If you are looking to save some money, but still want amazing nails, here are 9 tips for getting a perfect manicure and pedicure without having to leave the house.
1. Set aside time for your manicure and pedicure. You need time to do it right, so don’t rush through it!
2. Keep all of your supplies in one place in a small basket or container that is easy to transport from room to room as needed. This way, you’re not running around looking for supplies when you should be relaxing and pampering yourself!
3. Make sure you have at least two different colors of nail polish so that you can alternate between manicures and pedicures – who wants to have the same color on their hands and feet?
4. Have a manicure first, then a pedicure – this way if any mistakes happen during the manicure process they won’t show up on your toes!
5. Start with clean nails by washing them thoroughly with soap and water before applying polish remover or any other products
6. Use an orange
Nowadays, it’s easier than ever to enjoy a salon-quality manicure and pedicure at home. With a few products and tips from the pros, you can get nails that look like you just walked out of a salon. Follow these 9 steps for gorgeous hands and feet you’ll be proud to show off.
1. Start by removing your old polish. Soak your fingers in warm water for 5 minutes to loosen up the polish, then gently push back your cuticles with an orange stick or cuticle pusher. Push them back only enough to remove the white part; do not cut into the skin around the nail. If you want, you can use some cuticle remover to make the process easier.
2. Use a good quality file to shape your nails into oval or square shapes. Always file straight across, going in one direction only; filing back and forth can cause breakage and splintering of the nail plate.
3. Apply cuticle oil to each nail, massaging it in well so that it penetrates all the way down to your fingertips. Make sure you don’t have any polish left on before applying the oil, or it won’t soak in properly.
4. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and
If you’re like me, then getting a manicure and pedicure done at a salon is a treat that doesn’t come often. Every time I get one done, I feel like I am ready to take on the world. It makes me feel like I have my life together.
However, if you’re also like me (I know I can’t be the only one) then having nails that are perfect at all times seems like a huge task. My nails break and chip so easily, and there is always something going on with them. The cuticles aren’t always in check, and every once in a while one of my fingers decides to get infected with something.
I didn’t think it was possible to have pretty nails at all times until I learned how to do my own manicures at home. While it may take some practice to get it just right, if you follow these steps you too can have perfectly painted nails whenever you want!
The first step in getting the perfect manicure or pedicure at home is having the right tools. You may have a couple of the items lying around your house but to get a salon-quality manicure, it’s important to have the right set of tools. As you gain experience with nail care, you can add higher quality products to your collection.
1. Trim and shape your nails
To start with a clean slate, you first need to trim and file your nails so they are even and smooth. You should use a nail clipper or pair of scissors and cut them straight across. If you have long nails, you can leave them rounded slightly but if they are short, round them off completely with a buffer block.
Use a glass nail file to smooth out the edges. A glass nail file will not rough up your nails like an emery board will which means that your polish won’t peel or chip as easily. It is also easier to clean than an emery board so it lasts longer as well.
2. Buffing block
You can use this type of block to remove any ridges from your nails so they are smooth and even in color before applying any polish. Buffing blocks are available in various grades so that you can choose
Your nails are the most visible part of your hands, be it men or women. So, it’s very important to keep them looking clean and healthy. Here are some tips on how to get a perfect manicure and pedicure at home.
Choose the right products:
When you choose a nail polish remover for your manicure, make sure that it doesn’t contain acetone as it can dull and dry out your nails. Also, always use a good quality nail polish, preferably from a reputed brand.
Soak in warm water:
Soaking your nails in warm water is an effective way to soften the cuticles and this will help you remove them easily over soaking helps loosen the dirt trapped under your nails. You can also add some Epsom salts or olive oil to the water for added benefits.
The first step towards getting a perfect manicure is shaping up your nails perfectly by cutting or filing them. You can also shape them according to your choice, round, square or oval but make sure they look uniform and even. See that they don’t extend beyond the tips of your finger and take care not too file too much from the sides as this can lead to ingrown nails.
Trim the cuticles:
1. First, clean your nails with nail polish remover and rub some cuticle oil on your cuticles. Then push back the cuticles with a wooden stick.
2. Apply a base coat to smoothen out the nail surface and make it easier for the polish to go on smoothly.
3. Gently dip the brush into the bottle of polish and wipe off most of it on the rim of the bottle before applying it to your nail. Apply 2-3 thin coats of nail polish so that the color doesn’t get too thick. Let it dry in between each coat.
4. Once dry, apply a top coat to seal the color in place and give your nails a glossy finish.
5. For chipped nails, do not remove all of your old polish at once! Instead, use a “touch up” pen that you can buy from beauty stores like Sephora to quickly fix any chips and extend the life of your manicure by another day or two!