You may think that gel manicures are a no-no in the wintertime, but they actually work wonders for protecting your brittle nails from cracking and chipping. Because of their durability, you don’t have to worry about smudging and ruining your manicure when you put on gloves, or scratching your nails with a metal zipper when you put on a coat.
Plus, gel manicures are great for keeping your nails healthy. Many nail salons use LED lamps (instead of ultraviolet ones) to cure the polish, which does not dry out your nails as much. If you go to a professional, you are less likely to damage your nails from peeling off gel polish at home, or from using acetone remover.
To get the best gel manicure near you, try one of these top salons:
Gel nail polish is a great way to keep your nails chip-free for weeks at a time. But getting a professional gel manicure can be expensive. Fortunately, there are some ways to get gorgeous gel nails at home.
Getting a gel manicure at a salon is the best way to get beautiful gel nails, but it can cost you around $40 for the full treatment. That’s why many people are turning to DIY gel manicures as an alternative. With a little bit of practice, you can make your own gel nails at home – and they’ll look just as fabulous as they would if you had gone to the salon!
How to Do Gel Nails From Home
In order to do your own gel nails from home, you will need:
A UV lamp
Gel nail polish in the color of your choice
Nail wraps (optional but recommended)
Getting a gel manicure is a great way to get a long-lasting professional look at home. It doesn’t have to be expensive, and you don’t need to buy fancy equipment. Here’s how to do it:
1) Go online and search for “nail salon near me” or “best nail salons near me.” Look at the reviews.
2) Once you’ve found a few places that seem like they might be good, call them up. Ask if they take walk-ins, or if you need an appointment.
3) When you go in, ask how much it costs and what kind of gel they use. Prices vary widely depending on where you live, but most places charge between $30 and $50 dollars for a full set of nails with gel polish (sometimes called Shellac). The best gel polish brands are CND Shellac and OPI Axxium, but there are lots of other good ones too. If the salon uses anything else, it’s probably not worth going there; these are tried-and-true products that most professionals will have in stock.
What Are Gel Manicures?
Gel manicures are a type of manicure that uses a special formula of polish to create a long-lasting, high-gloss look. Gels work by curing under an LED or UV light to a hard, protective layer that lasts up to three weeks without chipping, peeling, fading, or smudging.
Gel manicures can be used as an overlay on natural nails or as extensions with nail tips or sculpting forms to add length. You can also use them to add color and design to acrylic nails. Once you find the right salon, you’ll find that gel manicures are easy on your nails and last longer than regular nail polish.
Pro Tip: If you have weak or brittle nails, ask about getting overlays instead of extensions for your first gel set. Extensions put more pressure on your natural nail than overlays do.
If you love getting gel manicures, but find yourself too busy to keep up with your nail appointments, maybe it’s time to consider bringing the salon to your home. We found a DIY gel kit that comes with all of the essentials you need to get professional-quality nails at your own kitchen table.
The set includes everything from the base coat to top coat, and even includes a light lamp for curing the polish. Plus, it comes with six vibrant colors that can be mixed and matched for endless nail art creations. And since it’s an LED lamp, each layer only takes 30 seconds of drying time.
So if you’re ready to give your nails a well-deserved break from the salon, this set is just what you need. Shop ahead!
If you want a long lasting manicure that looks like it was done by a professional, gel nails may be for you. Gel nails can last for up to three weeks and are a great way to protect your natural nails. It is important to note that gel nails are not the same as acrylic nails and do not require the same type of maintenance.
What are gel nails?
Gel nails start with a liquid-like base, which is set on your fingers under a UV light or LED lamp. Acrylics, on the other hand, are made of powder and liquid monomer. Once the gel is set, manicurists apply several layers of polish, each cured under the lamp. In order to remove gel nail polish you must soak your fingernails in acetone or file off the polish.
Are gel nails right for me?
While they offer many benefits, they do have some drawbacks too. Gel nails can weaken your natural fingernails if they’re not applied and maintained properly, so you should make sure you go to an experienced technician at a reputable salon. Gel nail removal can also damage your fingernails if it’s not done right. The best way to avoid any issues is to get your manicures done at a salon that specializes
There’s no need to shell out the big bucks for a trip to the nail salon when you can create gorgeous nails in the comfort of your own home. With these expert tips and tools, you too can get a professional mani that lasts up to three weeks.
1. Prep: Remove old nail polish with an acetone-based remover, file nails using a four-way buffer, and wipe away excess dirt with an alcohol-soaked cotton ball.
2. Base coat: Apply a thin layer of base coat to each nail (this will help strengthen your nails).
3. Gel color: Apply gel color in thin layers, curing each layer under an LED lamp for 30 seconds or a UV lamp for two minutes, until you achieve your desired color opacity.
4. Top coat: Apply one layer of top coat over your entire manicure to seal in the color, curing for 30 seconds under an LED lamp or two minutes under a UV lamp.
5. Cleanse: Wipe each nail gently with rubbing alcohol on a lint-free pad or cotton ball to remove any sticky residue that may prevent polish from lasting as long as possible.
6. Moisturize: Massage cuticle oil into cuticles and massage hand cream