Nails are a great accessory. They can make your hands look pretty and stylish. We do a lot of things to get gorgeous, long nails: get manicures, buy expensive nail polishes and colors, visit salons or even fake our nails with acrylics. But there is one thing we often forget about: our diet! It is important to take care of ourselves from inside out. The food we eat can help us get the results we want faster, especially if it comes to our hair, skin and nails.
In this blog post you will find some simple tips on how you can get gorgeous, long nails by eating the right foods. And don’t worry if you don’t like or can’t eat certain foods, because I will also include some nail supplements for you to try!
If you want to get gorgeous and long nails, there are different types of nail extensions that you can consider. However, this process can be quite expensive, so if you want a cheaper alternative, a great option would be to do it yourself.
There are different materials that you can use for nail extensions. One of the most popular options is acrylic, which is made of liquid and powder mixed together. When they are mixed, they form a thick paste which hardens when exposed to air. The mixture hardens in less than a minute, which makes it easier to use and shape.
Another option is gel nails. Unlike acrylic nails, gel nails are cured under UV light. The good thing about this process is that it is odorless and the gel doesn’t cause any damages on your natural nails.
If you love the idea of having nail extensions but does not like the price tag, then consider doing it yourself instead of going to professional salons. You can get your own set of tools from beauty stores or even online. Just make sure that you get high-quality products and tools so that your DIY nail extension will last for a longer time.
I know it’s not easy to make your nails look good. I’ve been there. The good news is that with these easy steps you will have great looking nails in no time.
1. Start by removing the polish.
2. Find a color you like.
3. Apply two coats of color, waiting for each coat to dry before applying the next one.
4. Apply top coat, waiting for it to dry before moving on to the next step.
5. Once the top coat is dry, apply another layer of polish (this time without a base color) and wait for it to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
6. Once the polish has dried completely, apply one more layer of top coat and wait for it to dry once again before moving on to the next step (if necessary).
7. After everything has dried completely, cut your nails into desired shape using nail clippers or scissors and file them into desired shape using an emery board or nail file until they are smooth enough so that there are no more rough edges left on them; then apply one last layer of top coat just so that they look shiny again (optional).
“If you want to get nails that look like this, follow these simple steps:
1. Buy a clear top and base coat from any drug store or beauty supply store. This will help keep your nails strong as well as smooth for the next step.
2. Find some nail stickers or decals in the design of your choice. These can be found at most drug and beauty stores, as well as specialty shops, such as Claire’s. Make sure they are the ones that you can just stick on! Do not buy those that you have to paint on using a brush (unless you really want to).
3. Once you have your base and top coats, and your stickers or decals, apply one coat of clear polish to each nail. Let it dry completely before applying another coat of clear polish (so the sticker will stick better). Then apply a second coat of clear polish to each nail, making sure it is completely dry before moving on to the next step.
4. Apply a top coat to each nail and let it dry completely before moving on to the next step (this makes the stickers stick and last longer).
5. Apply your nail sticker or decal onto each nail, pressing down firmly so that there are no air bubbles under the
Although pastel colors are often associated with spring, many women love to wear them year-round. Pastel manicures are cute and stylish, and they can be worn to virtually any occasion. If you want to try this nail trend for yourself, follow these steps:
Step 1: Prep
Prep your nails for the polish by washing your hands with soap and water. Be sure to scrub underneath your nails to remove dirt that may interfere with the nail polish’s adherence. Next, push back your cuticles. Cuticles are the skin that grows over the nail bed; while they protect your nails from bacteria, they can look unsightly when not cared for. Gently push back your cuticles with an orange stick or a metal cuticle pusher.
Step 2: Paint
Paint your nails with a clear base coat. Next, apply two coats of pale pink or blue polish onto each nail and let them dry thoroughly before proceeding to the next step.
Step 3: Get Fancy
Once the pink or blue polish has dried completely, use a white striper brush to create a French tip on about half of each nail or create small flowers or other designs on top of the polish. To make a French tip, simply swipe the brush from one
6-8 pastel color polishes (depending on their opacity)
clear top coat
a saran wrap.
You can use almost any colors you want, but I’ve noticed pastel shades work best and are easier to blend. Also, the more opaque they are, the less layers you’ll need.
To create this look you won’t need much except layering colors, a steady hand and patience.
Start by painting your nails with white polish and let them dry completely. Then apply a layer of light pink. Wait for it to dry and then cover that with light blue. Repeat these steps until you get to light purple or yellow – it’s up to you what color is going to be the last one in your gradient. If you feel like the colors aren’t blending well enough, use a saran wrap to smudge them a bit – just press it gently against your nail and then remove it immediately, don’t move it around as you would do if you were cleaning your nails!
Repeat this for all of your nails and finish them off with a clear top coat or a glossy finish one.
The first step to the perfect manicure is the perfect nail shape. If you don’t have time to go to the nail salon, you can actually file your nails yourself at home with one of these tools. Before getting started, make sure your nails are clean and dry. First, take a piece of fine sandpaper, and gently file your nails in one direction only. Make sure you file them so that they are slightly rounded.
When filing is complete, push back cuticles with a push stick or orange stick and then remove traces of old nail polish with an acetone-based remover. Now apply two coats of an opaque pastel color nail polish such as Zoya Nail Lacquer in Ireland (pictured). Once the second coat is completely dry, finish off the look with a layer of clear topcoat polish like Essie Speed Setter Top Coat. This will ensure your manicure stays chip-free for days!