So I was invited to a black and white themed party. Not wanting to look like everyone else I decided that I would have a photoshoot worthy mani/pedi. I saw the beautiful shot below and set out to recreate it.
What you will need: One coat of your favourite clear nail polish, one coat of white nail polish, one coat of pink nail polish (I used Essie’s ‘Bachelorette Bash’), one coat of black nail polish (I used Sally Hansen’s ‘Black Out’), a top coat, a dotting tool, a toothpick and some acetone free nail polish remover.
Step 1: Apply a clear base coat.
Step 2: Apply one even layer of white nail polish to your nails. Allow 10 minutes for this layer to dry completely.
Step 3: Using your dotting tool, create small dots in the pink colour on your nails (2-3 polka dots per finger). Wait 20 minutes for this layer to dry completely before moving on to step 4.
Step 4: Using the same technique as step 3, apply the black colour only over the pink dots from step 3. Wait 10 minutes
I found a blog post on Pinterest that showed how to make black, white and pink nails. They have been so popular this summer, I just had to try it out! It was easy, fun and a bit messy.
To start you will need 3 colors of nail polish. Black, white and pink are the colors that were used in the original blog post, but you can use any colors you want. You will also need some rubbing alcohol and a small cup or shot glass.
1) Start off by painting your nails black. Let them dry completely.
2) Next paint your nails with the color you want to show through (I chose pink). This coat doesn’t have to be perfect because it is just a base coat for your white polish to stick to. Let this color dry completely.
3) Pour some rubbing alcohol into a small cup or shot glass (about 1/4 full). Dip your brush into the alcohol then into the white polish bottle and then paint your nails. It should be streaky at first but will even out after a few more strokes of your brush. Let this coat dry completely before proceeding to step 4. If you don’t let it dry, you will smudge all of your hard work
I’ve really been into nail art lately. I went to the beauty supply store and got a bunch of stuff to do nail art at home.
I’m going to show you how to make black, white and pink nails.
I love the look of black and pink nails. They are very photogenic and make your fingers look long and glamorous, ready for their close up.
To get this look use a base coat, black polish (I’m using Chanel Black Satin), nail art pen in white (mine is from artbox), and a hot pink polish (I’m using Essie’s A Crewed Interest).
Do one hand at a time starting with the base coat.
Apply the black polish to your nails. I used 2 coats with mine.
Allow the nails to dry fully before proceeding.
Using the nail art pen draw stripes and dots on your nails. Don’t worry about making mistakes as they can be easily corrected by removing them with a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover. The white lines will prevent the black from shining through when you paint on the pink layer of polish.
We have been in the nail industry for over ten years now and have always loved experimenting with new trends. Here’s a brief step-by-step guide on how you can recreate this pretty mani/pedi at home.
Apply two coats of OPI ‘Alpine Snow’ to each nail and let dry completely.
Apply a coat of OPI ‘Black Onyx’ to each nail, except the ring fingers which should be painted with two coats of OPI ‘Pink Shatter’. Let the polish dry completely before applying another coat. This will help create a more shattered effect and get rid of any visible streaks. Remember that less is more when it comes to shatter polish! Finish off with a quick drying top coat on all nails, except the ring fingers which should be finished off with a coat of OPI ‘Pink Shatter’. Once that is dry, you’re all done!
We recommend using a gel base and top coat for an extra glossy finish that will really make your nails pop. This is not essential though, as shown in the photos below. We also recommend using a nail art brush or a pair of tweezers to carefully apply any glitter or rhinestones you may want
I recently got a manicure and I decided that I wanted to try out something new, so I decided to try white with black and pink. I love the way it came out!
To get the look, start off by painting your nails white. I used Wet N Wild “French White Creme” nail polish. Then take a striping brush or a thin paint brush and dip it in black nail polish. Line the bottom of your nails with black in an alternating pattern of thick and thin lines. Finally, dip the same paint brush into pink nail polish and make tiny dots on top of the black line. Clean up any mistakes with a cotton swab dipped in nail polish remover.
I am so excited to be able to share with you how I get this look. I was looking for something different, and when I googled it, I found nothing. So, here you go!
Here are the steps:
1. Paint the nail white.
2. Paint one half of the nail black, leaving enough room for a pink stripe in between.
3. Using a striper brush or tooth pick, create a pink stripe by making a “v” shape. The “v” should start at the corner of the white and black sections, and going towards the cuticle. The stripe should be as thin as you can make it without touching any other color.
4. Repeat step 3 until you have made all the stripes you want on your nail.
5. Add top coat.