Making sure the nail polish will last for a long time is what you should do when applying gel polish at home. Gel polish has been around for a couple of years, but it is still new to some people. So, many women still don’t know how to use gel polish at home.
However, once you have found out how to use gel polish correctly, your manicure will not only last longer but also look better than if you were to apply regular nail polish. To help you out, we have put together some tips that will show you how to use gel nail polish at home.
This article will show you some tips on how to apply gel nail polish and make it last a long time. If you want to keep your nails looking good, read on.
DIY Gel Nails at Home
Like most things when it comes to beauty, practice makes perfect. It may take a few times to get the hang of applying your gel polish and getting the best results. But once you do, you’ll be happy with the results — and so will your nails.
You can find many gel nail kits on Amazon. Just make sure they include instructions and all the tools you need to get started, like a base coat, color gel, gel top coat, nail file and buffer, alcohol swab, and a lamp.
Here are the basics steps for applying your own gel polish:
1. Gather Your Supplies: You’ll need a base coat, color gel polish, a top coat, nail file or sander and buffer, an alcohol swab (or nail polish remover), a cuticle stick and pusher tool, lint-free wipes or cotton balls soaked in acetone (or other nail polish remover), a small dish of warm water for soaking your nails later on in the process.
2. Prep Your Nails: Start by removing any old polish from your nails with an acetone-soaked wipe or cotton ball. Wash your hands with soap and warm water then dry them completely before
Beautiful gel nails are the perfect way to celebrate your new engagement or a special event, but they can also be a great way to update your manicure routine. Gel polish offers a variety of benefits, including a longer-lasting manicure with a stronger shine and color than you can get with regular nail polish. The results are professional and look like they cost a fortune. Gel polish is applied at salons by professionals, but you can achieve the same look at home with the right tools and techniques.
Prepare Your Nails
Before applying any type of polish to your nails, it’s important to prepare them properly. Use clippers to cut the nails down to size, then use an emery board or buffer to shape the nails into a round or square shape and smooth out any rough edges. You don’t want chipped nails when you apply the gel polish because this will cause it to chip off too.
Apply Base Coat
After cleaning your nails thoroughly with soap and water and drying them completely, apply one layer of base coat around each nail and then under the very tips of each nail. This coat will help the gel polish adhere better during application. You should apply this coat very thinly using only light brush strokes down the center of each nail in order to
Prepare the Nail
The first step in any gel polish process is to prep the nail. Make sure the nails are clean, dry and free of oils. Buff to remove any shine from the nail plate and shape as desired. I like to use a 180 grit buffing block for this part of the process. Then wipe with an alcohol-soaked pad or brush on a thin layer of primer, which will allow for better adhesion of the gel polish and prevent lifting.
Apply Base Coat
Next, apply the base coat. This step is important because it will help the gel polish last longer without chipping or peeling, and it will also protect your natural nails from discoloration caused by pigmented gel polishes. Apply a thin layer of base coat to each nail and cure under a UV lamp for 30 seconds, or under a LED lamp for 10 seconds.
After curing, apply a thin layer of color (one thin coat is better than multiple thick ones) and cure under a UV lamp for 30 seconds or under an LED lamp for 30 to 60 seconds depending on your lamp. Apply a second thin layer of color and cure again under a UV lamp for 30 seconds or under an LED lamp for 30 to 60 seconds depending on your
Gel nails are the latest rage these days. They last longer than acrylic or regular nail polish and look better too. You can apply gel nails at home with a bit of practice. The first thing you will need to do is buy a kit that contains the gel and the UV light curing lamp. Gel nail polish is applied in layers in between which the UV light curing lamp is used to harden the gel polish.
Here are some tips for applying gel nails at home:
You will need a few things before you actually start applying the gel. Make sure you have some nail wipes, cuticle pusher and remover and cotton balls handy. You will also need some acetone based polish remover, a buffer and a fine grit buffing block on hand.
Remove all your old nail polish using an acetone based remover and then clean your nails with nail wipes.
1. Start with clean, dry nails.
2. Push cuticles back with a cuticle pusher or orange wood stick.
3. Gently buff the surface of each nail to make it dry and smooth (skip this step if you don’t have a buffer).
4. Apply a thin, even coat of base gel polish and cure under the UV light for two minutes.
5. Apply a thin, even coat of color gel polish and cure under the UV light for two minutes. Repeat color application until you are satisfied with coverage, curing after each application.
6. Apply a thin, even coat of top gel polish and cure under the UV light for two minutes (you may apply more than one coat if desired).
7. Remove tacky surface with lint-free wipes dipped in rubbing alcohol (or cleanser) or using an alcohol-soaked cotton ball or pad to remove the sticky layer on top of the nails (called inhibition layer). Note: do not use household products like hairspray or nail polish remover to remove the tacky layer; these products contain oil that will break down your gel manicure before it’s time to take it off! Also avoid touching your nails after removing tacky layer to prevent fingerprint sm
If you are like me, you can never leave a beauty store without picking up some new polish. I guess that is why my nail color collection has grown to over 100 polishes and counting.
While browsing the beauty supply stores I recently came across a product called Gel Polish. It intrigued me so I bought a bottle of it and decided to give it a go.
Gel Polish is just what the name implies: it’s like a bottle of gel in the form of polish.
Unlike regular nail polish this formula lasts up to two weeks without chipping and has a high gloss finish. The big difference between gel nail polish and regular nail polish is that gel polish requires you to use an LED lamp (like a UV lamp) to cure the color after applying each layer.
Sounds pretty nice, right? But before you rush off to the beauty supply store to pick up your own bottle of Gel Polish, here are some things you should know about this product: