Your Nails Healthy, or Toxic?

  • Post comments:0 Comments
  • Reading time:7 mins read

I had been painting my nails for over 20 years and was shocked to learn what some of the ingredients were. I am a health conscious person, so to find out that I had been putting these toxic chemicals on my body and breathing in the fumes for all these years was quite alarming.

I have always painted my own nails and much prefer to do it myself. This way I can manage the drying time, which is less than 10 minutes with Seche Vite. I do not usually go to nail salons as I am concerned about infection from other people’s nails and the toxic chemicals that are used in the salon.

In this blog you will find information about many of the chemicals used in nail products and what they can do to your body. In addition, you will find information about alternative products that are safer for you to use.

You may also be interested in visiting my blog “Toxic Nail Products”, which offers more detailed information about specific products and their chemicals of concern.”

Nail polish is like makeup for your fingernails. I think it makes your hands look so feminine and pretty. Every time I go to get a manicure, I am always so excited for their color selection and the cute designs that I can get on my nails. It is fun to paint my nails with fun colors and designs, but how safe is nail polish? In this blog post, we are going to discuss the toxicity of nail polish, and which ones are safest to use.

As previously mentioned in my “What’s in your Lipstick?” blog post, our skin is absorbent, meaning it absorbs all the toxins that we put on our skin. The chemicals that are found in nail polish can be toxic as well. According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG) Skin Deep Cosmetics Database, there are over 3,000 chemicals that can be found in nail products. Two of them are toxic; dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and formaldehyde. DBP has been linked to birth defects in animal studies and formaldehyde is a carcinogen. Formaldehyde also causes allergic reactions when people are exposed to it.

I couldn’t find any specific studies about people who have had cancer from nail polish, but common sense tells you

The beauty industry is a billion dollar business and we all want to look and feel our best. Unfortunately, many of the products that we use on a daily basis are loaded with toxic chemicals. The good news is that you have the power to make a difference!

The beauty industry is not highly regulated, meaning that they do not have to list every ingredient on their product labels. The FDA requires companies to list the active ingredients, but they do not have to disclose every chemical or ingredient used in the manufacturing process.

This makes it very difficult for consumers to know which products are harmful and which ones are safe. In fact, many of us may be using products right now that are toxic without even knowing it!

Though there is no way to know exactly how much of these toxic chemicals we are exposed to, one study found that women who regularly use nail polishes can be exposed to as much as five pounds of toxic chemicals per year!

Many people are not aware of just how dangerous these chemical ingredients can be. Though some of them may seem harmless at first glance their cumulative effect has been linked to a host of health problems and disorders including respiratory problems, asthma, dermatitis, nausea and dizziness just to name a few. Some of these chemicals can also cause damage

Your nails are more than just the colors you paint on them. They are a reflection of your overall health. No matter what you put on your nails, they will show if you’re eating right, getting enough sleep or drinking enough water. So how do you keep your nails healthy and beautiful? The answer is simple: Read labels, do research and do not purchase products that contain harmful chemicals.

Most commercial nail polishes contain formaldehyde, which helps nail polish dry faster and prevents chipping. But in addition to that, this chemical can cause asthma, cancer and skin irritation. Another chemical in nail products is dibutyl phthalate (DBP), which makes the color last longer by hardening the polish. This chemical has been linked to cancer and birth defects. Other chemicals found in nail products are toluene and camphor, which help make the colors nicer but can cause nausea and dizziness when inhaled.

The next time you go to get your nails done, pay attention to what your nail technician is using. There is a plethora of chemicals in most nail products that could be harmful to you and your overall health.

Most people just want their nails to look good, but it’s important to know what ingredients are going into your body. As always, it’s better to be informed and make the best decision for yourself!

The first thing you might notice when you walk into a salon is the smell. That smell comes from harsh chemicals like formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), and toluene. These chemicals can be found in nail polish and other nail products.

Nails are an important part of the body. They are not just a fashion statement, they protect our fingers and toes from trauma. Nails are made of keratin, which is the same material that makes up hair. As a result, nails do not contain any nerve endings or blood vessels so when a nail is damaged the person does not feel any pain. It is important to protect your nails because they are on the front lines for damage. When we use toxic nail products on our nails it seeps into the skin and can cause damage to the body.

The chemicals in nail polish can cause damage to your health as well as your nails. Many of these chemicals can irritate the eyes, lungs, skin and throat. The known toxins found in nail polishes include formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), toluene and camphor. These harmful ingredients have been linked to cancerous tumors, genetic mutation, birth defects and other health problems (1). Other bad ingredients in nail polish include lead acetate, ethyl acetate and methyl methacrylate (MMA).

Studies have shown that using toxic nail products can cause developmental problems in babies whose mothers used them while pregnant. In fact, one study detected phthalates

It may surprise you to learn that many of the products used in the nail salon are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This means these chemicals do not undergo basic testing to ensure they are safe for use on your skin. Nail technicians who use these products every day, often multiple times a day over several years, are at increased risk of developing serious health problems.

Most people know about the dangers of inhaling or ingesting certain chemicals, but many do not realize that a chemical can also be harmful when it is absorbed through the skin. Absorption can cause dangerous levels of toxins to build up in your body. Some people have a greater sensitivity to certain chemicals than others and will develop symptoms more quickly than others. Symptoms of chemical sensitivity include headaches, dizziness, rashes, blisters and chest pain.

Leave a Reply