First, before you decide to get gel nails, there are a few things that you should know! Gel nails are basically real nails with a layer of gel over them. They can be stronger than your natural nail if done properly. They usually last about 3-4 weeks, depending on the person and how well they take care of them. You can get gel nails in most nail salons and they cost around $30-35.
Now, after you get your nails done here are 7 tips that will help keep your gel nails looking good as new!
1.You should not soak your hands in water for at least 24 hours after getting gels. This allows the gel to completely set on your nail and prevents it from chipping or peeling off early.
2.Be careful when doing any cleaning or washing dishes, especially within the first 24 hours of getting your gels done! You don’t want to ruin a nice fresh manicure by having a chip or crack develop! The best way to prevent this is by wearing gloves while doing any household chores with water involved (such as dishes).
3.Don’t use acetone nail polish remover if you can avoid it! Acetone is known for drying out nails and skin around them; this
If you are fed up of spending a fortune at the salon getting your gel nails filled in every three weeks then look no further, as I have put together some tips and tricks to help you achieve the perfect gel nails at home.
What to buy?
Nail Dehydrator: I use OPI’s Nail Dehydrator, this helps remove any excess moisture from your nails which can interfere with the adhesion of the Gel Polish. It also prepares the nail plate to receive nail products.
PH Bond: This is another great product from OPI and makes the adhesion between the natural nail and gel polish 10 x stronger.
Primer: This is used to prepare the nail for gel polish application and ensure durable shine. Again I use OPI’s ProSpa Primer.
Gel Polish: There are many brands on the market but my favourite is Shellac CND VINYLUX GEL POLISH – only salon professionals can purchase this so get a friend or family member who works in a salon to buy it for you!
UV Lamp: You can either use a UV lamp or an LED lamp, both are fine. I personally prefer LED because they cure much faster than UV lamps. The one I use is 36w LED Light
Gel nails are a great alternative to acrylics if you’re looking for something less damaging. They usually last for about two weeks and come in a variety of colors.
I personally have been getting gel on my nails for about three years now and absolutely love them. If you plan on getting gel nails, there are a few tips and tricks you should follow so they last as long as possible.
Gel nails are a perfect way to make your nails look their best. They can be shaped and painted in any design you want, and they are durable, so you don’t have to worry about them breaking or chipping.
To get the most out of your gel nails, use these tips:
1) Pay attention to how you file them – The way you file your nails can affect how long they last. Use a fine-grit file to shape the edge of your nail before applying the gel. Too coarse of a grit will actually weaken your nail.
2) Don’t soak off your gel nails – Removing your gel nails by soaking them in acetone is a bad idea. It can rob your nails of moisture, leaving them weak and brittle. Instead, have a professional buff off the polish for you.
3) Give your nails some TLC – The more you take care of your nails, the better they will look when you have gel on them. Buffing and polishing encourages nail growth and keeps them looking healthy and shiny.
4) Make sure you let them dry completely – To keep from ruining your new set of gel nails, wait until each coat is completely dry before applying the next coat. If you’re in a hurry
Gel nails are the new big thing in nail care. Salon gel manicures are expensive and time consuming, so many women who love gel nails are starting to try it at home. The results can be amazing, but there are plenty of mistakes that can happen if you don’t have the right tips and tricks. Here are some of the most important things to know before you start your first DIY gel manicure.
Most women love to have their nails polished with gel. It makes them look good and feel confident. But if you are not careful, they may also get ruined. Here are some tips on how to polish them properly and avoid any damages:
Apply a top coat on the nail before applying the gel
Before you apply the gel, make sure you apply a top coat first. This will help ensure that the base does not get damaged by the gel. You can use a clear or colored top coat for this purpose.
Prepare your nails for gel application
Shape your nails into an oval shape so that it will be easier for you to apply the gel on it. You can also clip off any loose edges of your nails to make it smoother and easier to work with.
Use a thin layer of gel
One common mistake that people make with applying gels is that they use too much of it. This causes the gel to crack easily because it dries out quickly when there’s too much of it on your nails. Make sure to apply only a thin layer of gel on your nails so that they won’t break even after several days.
Check the polish’s expiration date
Make sure you check the expiration date of the polish before using it on your nails.
1. Cut your nails short and then file them into a square shape.
2. Start by applying a thin layer of base coat, painting it on the nail in three strokes: one down the middle and then two up each side to meet the center stroke.
3. Paint on your first thin layer of color, following the same pattern you used for the base coat.
4. After you apply your first layer of color, wash your hands to remove any stickiness that may have been left behind by the polish.
5. Apply a second thin layer of color using the same method as before.
6. Lightly brush on a final thin layer of topcoat, following the same method as before.
7. Your nails will be dry to touch in about 5 minutes and fully hardened in about 20 minutes depending on how thick you applied the layers!