Dip powder nails are the new kid on the block and growing in popularity. This nail enhancement is not to be confused with acrylic or gel nails. They are completely different products that require different application methods, removal solutions and skillsets.
Dip powders can last up to three weeks, do not cause damage and are breathable. They also dry instantly when you dip your nails into a colored powder. Because there is no UV light involved and it is odor free, dip powder nails are more flexible, durable and natural-looking than traditional gel or acrylics. Made with a blend of polymers and resins, the end result is a beautiful finish that is hard and durable. However, unlike acrylics which need to be soaked in acetone for 20 minutes or so when removed, dip powder nails can be easily removed with a nail file in less than 10 minutes.
In this blog/info-graphic we’ll explore five ways that dip powder nails are better than acrylic nails:
Dip powder nails are a relatively new technique that gives the same look and feel as gel or acrylic nails, but in a less damaging way.
Here are 5 ways that dip powder nails are better than acrylic nails:
1. Dip Powder Manicures Are Durable
2. Dip Powder Manicures Are Safer for Your Nails
3. Dip Powder Manicures Look More Natural
4. Dip Powder Manicures Last Longer Than Gel or Acrylics
5. You Can Fix a Broken Nail Easily
Dip powder nails are a relatively new invention that is taking the nail industry by storm. They are a healthier alternative to acrylic, and are also more durable. Some of the other benefits of dip powder nails include:
1. The Dip Powder Nails Process is Faster than Acrylic
2. Dip Powder Nails Don’t Require UV Light
3. Dip Powder Nails Last Longer Than Acrylic
4. Dip Powder Nails Don’t Damage Your Natural Nail Bed
5. Dip Powder Nails Are Stronger Than Acrylic
Dip Powder Nails Near Me
Dip powder nails first debuted on the market in 2015. They were the latest manicure trend to take the industry by storm. While dip powder nails have been around for a few years, many people are still unsure about them. Is it worth it to try? Are they really better than acrylics?
Here are 5 ways that dip powder nails outperform acrylics:
1. Dip Powder Nails Are Stronger Than Acrylics
Many women love acrylic nails because they allow you to grow your natural nails underneath and help prevent breakage. But dip powder is actually stronger and more durable than acrylics. That’s because most brands of dip powder contain a polymer called cyanoacrylate, which is also found in medical adhesives like Super Glue. That makes it much stronger than traditional acrylic powder, which typically contains ethyl methacrylate or MMA.
2. Dip Powder Nails Are Healthier Than Acrylics
Acrylic powders contain MMA, which is toxic and dangerous to use on your nails or inhale while being applied. In fact, MMA has been banned by the FDA since 1974 because of its adverse effects on human health: reactions include itching, inflammation, burns and
Dip powder nails are slowly becoming the go-to for anyone who wants stronger, longer lasting manicures. They are a healthier alternative to acrylic and don’t require any UV light. They also last longer than gel manicures and can be easily removed at home with a little acetone.
If you’re new to the dip powder nail trend, here are five reasons why you should consider getting dip powder nails instead of acrylic or gel nails:
1. Dip Powder Nails Are Healthier Than Acrylic Nails
The main ingredient in acrylic nails is… liquid monomer (a type of poisonous chemical). Dip powder nails are made from a combination of polymers and resins that don’t require any liquid monomer. Because they don’t contain any liquid monomer, they are a healthier option than acrylic nails.
The negative health effects of acrylic have been widely documented over the years. Despite this, many people continue to get acrylics in spite of these health concerns. While it is true that some people get allergic reactions to certain products used in dip powders, there is no shortage of hypoallergenic products for those people with sensitive skin or allergies.
2. Dip Powder Nails Don’t Requ
1. The process is mess-free!
2. It’s a healthier alternative.
3. Dip Powder takes less time to complete than acrylic nails.
4. Dip Powder lasts longer than acrylic nails.
5. Dip Powder nails are less expensive than acrylic nails and gel polish manicures.
1. No UV light needed
2. Lasts longer than acrylic nails
3. Stronger than acrylic and gel nails
4. No toxic fumes