Don’t you hate it when your nail polish starts chipping? I know I do! That’s why I’m sharing my favorite products to make your powder nail polish last longer. Use these 7 products the next time you paint your nails and you’ll be amazed at the results.
1. Top Coat: A good top coat is essential for long lasting powder nail polish. My favorite is Seche Vite. This top coat penetrates through your powder nail polish, creating a seal that prevents chips and breaks.
2. Cuticle Oil: If you want to keep your powder nail polish from chipping, use cuticle oil daily. I recommend Lush Lemony Flutter — it smells divine!
3. Base Coat: Always start with a good base coat before applying your color! This will create an extra layer of protection between your nails and the pigment in the color. And remember — don’t skip this step if you’re using glitter polish! Glitter has sharp edges that can damage the surface of your nails over time. But if you apply a base coat first, you’ll protect them from the wear and tear of those pesky glitter shards! Right now I’m loving OPI Nail Envy Original Nail Strengthener as my go-to
I used to paint my nails all the time. I loved seeing my fingers covered in different colors and designs, it looked so pretty. Unfortunately, I’m not one of those girls who have patience for drying nail polish. I would always end up smudging my nails and ruining them, which frustrated me every time.
My mom suggested powder nail polish, which only takes a couple of minutes to dry since it doesn’t require any solvents or UV light. It’s also a healthier alternative to liquid nail polish since it doesn’t contain chemicals like formaldehyde and acetone.
I tried out the powder nail polish at home and was surprised by how easy it was to apply. I used this starter kit here and watched this tutorial on YouTube to do it myself: (link removed)
The finished look is absolutely beautiful! My nails looked really nice and elegant, perfect for a date or a special occasion. The only issue is that powder nail polish doesn’t last as long as regular nail polish, even if you use a base coat and top coat. But that’s okay because there are products you can use to make them last longer! Here are 7 products to make your powder nail polish last longer!
Do you love the look of powder dip nails? We know we do! It’s definitely a new trend in the nail world and our customers can’t get enough. But, with any new product, there are questions about how to use it, how to remove it, when to refill it and so on.
That’s why we thought it would be helpful to put together a list of 7 products to make your powder nail polish last longer. Make sure to check out this month’s blog for all the details!
1. Start with a good set of nails
First things first, if you have weak or brittle nails, they will not hold up very well under powder dip polish. You want your nails to be strong and durable. So, if your nails are brittle or damaged, try using a nail strengthener like OPI Nail Envy Strengthener. This will help create stronger nails that will help your powder dip polish last longer.
2. Use a good base coat
Next up, we suggest using a good base coat under your powder dip polish. This helps create a smooth surface for your powder dip to adhere to and also creates an extra layer between your natural nails and the powder dip polish. This can
If you’re prone to chipping, powder nail polish might be the answer. This innovative product promises to last up to 14 days without chipping. It’s not immune to damage, however. Here are some tips for making your powder nail polish last longer:
1. Choose a gel powder kit from a trusted brand.
2. Use a base coat under the powder, and a top coat over it.
3. In between coats, use alcohol wipes to clean off excess residue or dust from the air before applying any new layers.
4. Use cuticle oil throughout the day to keep your nails hydrated and nourished to prevent them from breaking down under pressure (like when you’re typing or washing dishes).
One of the coolest trends in nail polish right now is powder dip manicures. If you are unfamiliar, this revolutionary way to apply polish is a healthier alternative to traditional methods. The application process actually protects your nails from breaking, makes your manicure last longer, and has less fumes than traditional polish brands.
You might be wondering how it works: Powder dip nails are created by dipping your nails into a colored powder. First, a clear base coat is applied to your nail bed. Then, you dip the nail in the powder of your choice (most salons offer a variety of colors) and seal off the color with another layer of clear polish. The result? A gel-like manicure that lasts for two weeks or more!
This new style of polish has taken the beauty industry by storm! But if you’re looking to make sure this manicure lasts as long as possible, there are some products that can help. I’ve listed my top 7 below to give you a better understanding of what exactly you should be using to take care of your nails in between appointments:
Are you getting your powder nail polish applied by a professional? Then, congratulations! You’re halfway to a flawless manicure. (The other half is washing your hands.) But if you’re applying it at home? You’re going to need some help.
Powder nail polish is tricky stuff—the process requires a lot of time and patience. After the base coat and color coats dry, they need to be buffed smooth. The powder needs to be applied in layers and then each layer needs to be cured under a UV light. And since the top coat is literally just more powder, guess what step has to come next?
But if you commit to the whole process, you’ll end up with a gorgeous manicure that will last for weeks without chipping. To make that happen, we reached out to celebrity manicurist Gina Edwards for her best tips on how to keep powder nails looking fresh for as long as possible.