7 Tips on how to get Healhty and Beautiful Nails: A blog about caring for your nails and skin
The next day you get a manicure, the manicurist tells you that your nails are too dry. And you, like most women, wonder what happened overnight?
You can completely avoid this problem by following a few simple rules and recommendations. This is especially true if you have brittle, thin nails that break easily.
You are most likely here because your nails are not in the best condition. You may have ridges, peeling nails, discoloured nails, brittle or weak nails, or all of the above. This blog is for you.
I’m going to give you 7 tips on how to get healhty and beautiful nails. Nail care is simple and can be done with common household products. But first lets talk about what’s happening with your nails and why they look the way they do.
Our nails are like a window to our health. If they are dry, brittle and discoloured, it means that there is something wrong with the inside of our bodies.
So what should we do? We should start taking care of our body because apart from making us look good on the outside, it will make us feel better on the inside.
If you want to have healthy and beautiful nails then you need to follow these 7 tips:
1. Don’t use your nails as tools! This is really bad for your nails. They can easily crack, split or break if you use them as tools. So don’t bite or pick at your nails with your teeth or any other tool to avoid damaging them.
2. You need to moisturize your hands several times a day, especially when they are exposed to water. Before going to bed put some moisturizing lotion on your hands and wear gloves overnight to get maximum results.
3. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables! Your skin and hair need vitamins and minerals in order to be healthy and beautiful so eat lots of fruits and vegetables every day (at least 5 portions). You can also take vitamin supplements but it is much better if
Nail art is becoming one of the hottest beauty trends out there!
To be able to do it at home, you need a lot of tools and knowledge.
Here are 7 tips on how to get started!
1. Start off with a base coat.
2. Apply a layer of topcoat.
3. Dip a toothpick in black polish and carefully apply small dots to the white base coat.
4. Completely cover the nail with the black dots, varying the size as necessary for each nail shape.
5. Once dry, add another layer of topcoat over the design and allow it to dry completely before wearing it out.
A gel overlay is a great way to give your nails some extra length and strength. And, with a whole host of different colours to choose from, it’s easy to create a look that’s totally unique to you!
Gel overlays are also a great alternative if acrylics aren’t your thing. But, just like with any other salon treatment, the key to getting it right is in the aftercare.
Follow our top tips for looking after your gel overlay nails and you’ll have beautiful nails in no time!
Gel Overlay Nails: How to Maintain Long-Lasting Manicures
1. Keep them clean
Make sure you wash your hands before and after a manicure. This will help prevent bacteria building up on your nails. The best way to keep your nails clean is with a mild soap or handwash.
2. Avoid harsh chemicals at all costs
We’ve all heard about the dangers of too much sun exposure, but did you know there are certain chemicals that can be just as damaging? Bleach, acetone, methanol and formaldehyde can all dry out your skin and nails, so make sure you avoid them at all costs. If possible, look for nail products that contain natural ingredients instead.
1. Keep your nails short and filed with a smooth edge.
2. Use a mild soap when washing your hands.
3. Dry your hands and nails thoroughly, especially between the fingers and around the nail tips.
4. Keep your fingernails dry if you soak them in water for an extended period of time (such as washing dishes). Wearing rubber gloves is recommended if you get your hands wet frequently.
5. Wear cotton-lined rubber gloves when using harsh chemicals and detergents that may irritate or dry out the skin on the hands and fingers.
6. Apply hand lotion often to keep your hands moisturized and to prevent dryness, cracking and chapping of the skin around the nails. For very dry skin, apply hand lotion after each time you wash your hands and before bedtime .